SIU game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU game

On the road in Illinois, pheasant opener in SD. Playing the first place team, again. Knocked of WIU while they were in first place, SIU knocked of UNI to hand them their first conference loss. SDSU is at the bottom of the conference but only 1 game out of first place.

1-0 this week is the mantra and it certainly applies this week. SIU is one tough place to win but I believe we can and will do it. A similar performance from TOB is going to be necessary and that means another great performance by the O-line!! We really need to tighten up the place kicking game. Excellent special teams otherwise.

I hope we're done hunting by kickoff, if not I might have to post/block for the first time in my life.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: SIU game

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    On the road in Illinois, pheasant opener in SD. Playing the first place team, again. Knocked of WIU while they were in first place, SIU knocked of UNI to hand them their first conference loss. SDSU is at the bottom of the conference but only 1 game out of first place.

1-0 this week is the mantra and it certainly applies this week. SIU is one tough place to win but I believe we can and will do it. A similar performance from TOB is going to be necessary and that means another great performance by the O-line!! We really need to tighten up the place kicking game. Excellent special teams otherwise.

I hope we're done hunting by kickoff, if not I might have to post/block for the first time in my life.
    If our defense played like it did vs WIU the game could be over by halftime. Does anyone know if this game can be watched via internet?

Comment

I watched a good deal of the SIU v. UNI game. SIU jumped out to a huge lead and barely hung on to beat UNI. In reality, SIU was outplayed for the better part of the game. We can win if we eliminate turnovers and stop the run. (I know, insightful game plan for us - turnovers and stopping the run - that's some complex strategy there)
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Hey Rabbits---- Congrats on your great win over the Leathernecks. You guys are on the verge of really breaking out. Now go and get the Salukis. I have watched several of their games this year and they are a solid team but NIU just ran out of time after falling behind so much early. The MVC is even more competitive then usual with even the Sycamores coming out of the woodwork. It is wide open so finish strong

Comment

1-0, every week. Something we forgot for a few weeks. Looked ahead, bought into our own hype. 1-0. Let's beat the Salukis. I don't care about any other game, until this one is over and in the books.
          It will be a tough one! But our backs are against the wall. 1-0 every week!
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by henduster View Post
            Hey Rabbits---- Congrats on your great win over the Leathernecks. You guys are on the verge of really breaking out. Now go and get the Salukis. I have watched several of their games this year and they are a solid team but NIU just ran out of time after falling behind so much early. The MVC is even more competitive then usual with even the Sycamores coming out of the woodwork. It is wide open so finish strong
            Thanks, just know even after you shalacked(if thats a word) across the field, you have a lot of SDSU fans watching what you do. Almost makes us not feel so bad with that first loss.

They always say the first win is the hardest. Now just need 6 more.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Something worth noting:

SIU is without a starting CB & S due to injury.

The Safety, like Conrad Kjerstad, was an all-american candidate.

They still have starting CB Korey Lindsey though who is one of the best CB in FCS and an All-American in his own right.
              http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

Originally posted by MinneapolisJack View Post

They still have starting CB Korey Lindsey though who is one of the best CB in FCS and an All-American in his own right.
                Ok then strategy #1: Don't throw near that guy!
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

The thing that really gives me the most faith is the fact that SIU gave up 350 rushing yards to UNI. Man that should make our O-line and Minnet/Duffy start to drooling. Makes me think we should be able to really gash them with the run which should make the passing game ten times easier for TOB.
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Coach Stig seems to have better luck competing against other coaches than his good friend Dale Lennon. This might be our year, not everything has been consistent for SIU, and maybe some of their game videos give our staff hope and strategy.

I hope the confidence gained in the WIU game will carry over and we come out of Carbondale with a win.

Comment

I was at the game 2 years ago at SIU. We should have won that game. I think we win this game. I just feel like the team is on the verge of finding their identity and really putting a full 4 quarter effort together. I think (hope? believe? trust?) this is the game that it happens. WHEN we are 7-4 and figuring out who we play in the first round of the playoffs, we'll look back to this game as when we really got going.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                        I was at the game 2 years ago at SIU. We should have won that game. I think we win this game. I just feel like the team is on the verge of finding their identity and really putting a full 4 quarter effort together. I think (hope? believe? trust?) this is the game that it happens. WHEN we are 7-4 and figuring out who we play in the first round of the playoffs, we'll look back to this game as when we really got going.
                        Sounds good to me. We have competed well with SIU, for the most part, but haven't managed a win. Maybe this is the year. They're down a bit, and our team is finally getting its bearings.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

If we can get line play like we did out of team last game, we have a great chance. A few more sacks and TFL's from the D-line and we should be sitting pretty.

Also, I hope we find a way to stop that little 10 yard out (which MJA explained in another thread). That pass was like clubbing baby seals in the last game it looked so easy. I'm excited to see how we fix that.

Comment

After watching the UNI/SIU on the net, if the Jacks can consistently run the ball (200 yds +), they win this.

UNI ran all over them in the 2nd half. Minnett is tough and I would give him 20 + carries today and use the play-action pass.

I picked SIU to win but if the Jacks can run they win.

Comment

Is this game available on any internet feed? If not, I hope that some of you will post regular updates because I will be at work and this will be my best chance of following it at all. Thanks in advance.
                              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Working...
                              X