SDSU radio network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU radio network

do you think getting a radio network in place to carry the football games is in order? i'm thinking broadcasting the games would add money to the coffers. if people want this program to grow i think it needs as much media exposure as possible. does any radio station carry the games? if there is one i can't find it.

Re: SDSU radio network

Really????
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Jackrabbit Sports Network adds affiliates

JACKRABBIT SPORTS NETWORK STATIONS
      Brookings: KJJQ 910 AM- All games (flagship station for women's basketball)
      Yankton: WNAX 570 AM - All games (flagship station for football and men's basketball)
      Belle Fourche: KBFS 1450 AM - All football games
      Mobridge: KOLY 1300 AM - All football games
      Pierre: KGFX 1060 AM - All football games, select men's and women's basketball games
      Rapid City: KRKI 99.5 FM - All games
      Watertown: KWAT 950 AM or KDLO 96.9 FM - All games
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

ok let me rephrase the question. are there any stations that carry it on the web. i'm 500 miles away from brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
          ok let me rephrase the question. are there any stations that carry it on the web. i'm 500 miles away from brookings.
          You can listen on jackrabbit extra. You will need to pay for a subscription.
          http://www.gojacks.com/liveEvents/li..._OEM_ID=15000&

Comment

I was going to ask this last night. I am a yote fan but love college football and like to follow the local teams. Yesterday, I needed to complete some honey do's in the basement. I wanted to llisten to the SDSU/WIU game until the USD/UCD game started. I stream music/radio via the internet with a Sonos zone system, best decision I made. I took out my ipod touch, which you use as a controller for the Sonos system (again great purchase) and clicked on wnax but couldn't get the game. I then went to gojacks.com and found out I couldn't stream the game without paying a subscription. I ended up listening to another game. I then jumped over to the USD/UCD game and listened, unfortunately. Later I went to gojacks.com to see some live stats of your game. My eyes about popped out of my head when I saw the graphics. Great win btw, but someone in your athletic department better get that site tightened up. The logos were a tad "aztecy". With that said I suggest a name for the jackrabbit mascot to be "Ometotchtli"

Good luck and thumbs up to your team to battle for the victory. I am not throwing smack I just found it pretty odd that gojacks.com had all San Diego State logos and graphics on the site last night.
            Last edited by joeybrownerHOF; 10-10-2010, 03:34 PM.
            Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
              With that said I suggest a name for the Jackrabbit mascot to be "Ometotchtli"
              I have no idea what that means, but it sounds excellent.

Just googled. Awesome: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ometochtli
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                You can listen on jackrabbit extra. You will need to pay for a subscription.
                http://www.gojacks.com/liveEvents/li..._OEM_ID=15000&
                i'm cheep. i won't pay it.

Comment

So the truth is it's not a matter of it being accesible it's as you said it's a matter of you being cheap.

Comment

I believe the decision not to live stream it is from the athletic department. My guess is they must be making some money off of it, otherwise I think it would be free. I don't know though. Generally though in South Dakota, you can pick up WNAX pretty much anywhere, and where you can't there is another station for the football games.

Comment

Channelsurfing.net carried the game last night and it had the radio network audio tied in with the video. It's kind of interesting - they keep Steve's and Tyler's mikes on during commercial breaks rather than cutting away.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        So the truth is it's not a matter of it being accesible it's as you said it's a matter of you being cheap.
                        right

Comment

KWAT and KDLO-FM are two Watertown-based radio stations that are part of the network. Try going to their owner's website, Three Eagles Communications (based out of Lincoln, NE), and go to the South Dakota stations listed. There are links to "streaming". Now, I don't know if they stream the SDSU games (something tells me they may not if SDSU is charging for it). I'm in Watertown and I also pick up WNAX loud and clear so I haven't tried getting the away-games on the internet.

Comment

Maybe one alternative, if you don't mind adding a free alot toolbar to your computer , you can get a free radio player that feeds thru the internet instead of thru the "airwaves"....the jacks stations are Kjjq 910 am, wnax 570 am (already tried,not supported),fgfx 1060 am, krki 99.5 fm, kwat 950 am.Give it a try!I'm still trying myself to get another station ,although i've already got jackrabbit extra & can get wnax at home.Hope it works for you ,in this economy , i sympathise with those that don't have money to fling around.Best of luck.Only one that works is 910 am, choose "the ranch", which is country western, but they said they carry jackrabbit football.I assume they also broadcast basketball too.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-10-2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
                              I was going to ask this last night. I am a yote fan but love college football and like to follow the local teams. Yesterday, I needed to complete some honey do's in the basement. I wanted to llisten to the SDSU/WIU game until the USD/UCD game started. I stream music/radio via the internet with a Sonos zone system, best decision I made. I took out my ipod touch, which you use as a controller for the Sonos system (again great purchase) and clicked on wnax but couldn't get the game. I then went to gojacks.com and found out I couldn't stream the game without paying a subscription. I ended up listening to another game. I then jumped over to the USD/UCD game and listened, unfortunately. Later I went to gojacks.com to see some live stats of your game. My eyes about popped out of my head when I saw the graphics. Great win btw, but someone in your athletic department better get that site tightened up. The logos were a tad "aztecy". With that said I suggest a name for the jackrabbit mascot to be "Ometotchtli"

Good luck and thumbs up to your team to battle for the victory. I am not throwing smack I just found it pretty odd that gojacks.com had all San Diego State logos and graphics on the site last night.
                              I know what you mean. I enjoy listening to USD and appreciate that the online stream is free (just more convenient for me than pulling out a radio). By the way, I have been looking at the Sonos system and it's good to hear that you like it. I have a cobbled together system now and would like something more seamless.

Sorry for the thread drift. Back on point: The subscription is only $5 a month for audio, isn't it?
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X