Cowbells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowbells

If the rest of the teams in the league can use them, by God, we can, too. Last year, Youngstown fans were using them when we played in Ohio. Last night, Western fans used them at our place. If I know of those two instances, I would bet there are others.

Bring the bells for Hobo Day, kids. Ring 'em loud. We've played by the rules, but if others don't...we don't.
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Re: Cowbells

I'm in.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

no cowbells is a stupid rule. when people in the stands have fun, more might show up. people in the seats means $$$$$$$$$.

Comment

We're being cow bell discriminated against.....

Comment

We were standing in front of the W. Illinois fans with the cowbells and A.D. Rob Peterson made his way to them after half and stopped them. He said one of our fans had one up there too but did not bring it out after his visit. I asked if the rule had changed and he said no and they will enforce it when they can.

Comment

is the no cowbell rule documented anywhere?

Comment

I had a pair of glooves in my jacket pocket as I went through the turnstile at the ISU game. They were there from last spring when it was not as warm as it was on Sept. 18th.
              A young campus cop wanted to check my pockets. I suspose he was checking for liquor, but I suppose he could have thought the buldge to be a cowbell which are also illegal to bring to CAS.
              I am thinking it might not be a good idea to bring CB to the next game. I glad Robb was on this. He was right in putting a stop to the useage, which I dont recall hearing any cb noise in the second half.

Comment

I really have no idea if it is a written rule I just know that the administration told me it is a rule. Sorry.

Comment

I am Thinking its a conference rule as well as NCAA rule. Noise makers are prohibited and that would include the cowbell.

Comment

NCAA Rule:

Rule 6, section 30, paragraph b states "Spectators are not permitted to use artificial noisemakers, air horns or electronic amplifiers while the game is in progress."
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
                      is the no cowbell rule documented anywhere?
                      The "more cowbell" rule is documented on an episode of Saturday Night Live from several years ago.

Comment

If you weren't at CAS Saturday, you missed the half-time recognition of supporter State Farm Insurance. Harry Mansheim was one of two State Farm representatives accepting the recognition on the field. Harry, wearing his trademark big-blue SDSU cowboy hat, had his cowbell with him and gave it a good shake. The crowd cheered.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          If you weren't at CAS Saturday, you missed the half-time recognition of supporter State Farm Insurance. Harry Mansheim was one of two State Farm representatives accepting the recognition on the field. Harry, wearing his trademark big-blue SDSU cowboy hat, had his cowbell with him and gave it a good shake. The crowd cheered.

HOLY SMOKE, I really must not have been paying attention.

I never left my seat and never saw that.

I thought there were going to be some big checks handed over, from someone in the beef industry, but I must be mis-remembering how Beef Bowl Halftimes go.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            NCAA Rule:

Rule 6, section 30, paragraph b states "Spectators are not permitted to use artificial noisemakers, air horns or electronic amplifiers while the game is in progress."
                            So then what are the "thundersticks" they have at a lot of the games??
                            [IMG]file:///C:/Users/dan/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              NCAA Rule:

I believe the actual facts are that Rule 6, Section 30, applies to games that are run by the NCAA (i.e., playoffs, tournaments, etc.) However, many (if not most) conferences have their own rules which say the same thing. I know for a fact that the Summit League has such a rule, and I have to assume the MVFC does also, both because the administration enforces the rule, and because I've been to a number of away MVFC games and there are none in use.

That doesn't mean I like the rule...in fact, most people who know me, know that the cowbell was an ingrown part of my anatomy.

Comment

Working...
                              X