SDSU'S 2011 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU'S 2011 Schedule

I wanted to comment on propar's comment regarding a USD fans version of why SDSU won't sign because of your boosters, but given he smacked in a non-smack thread, I'm sure his sins will be forgiven.

So to be safe, I am movong the topic to the smack thread so it can't be said I don't play fair. Propar's comment was something like: "of course USD wants to play us, in fact they want to play us 11 times a year."

My response naturally has to be of course we do, we want to go undefeated and make the playoffs.

'nuff said

p.s. good luck this weekend. I hope you win because I really want an undefeated ballot of rthe weekly contest and I picked the Jacks when many of you didn't.

Re: SDSU'S 2011 Schedule

I'll just make this observation and have done:

As long as USD is scheduling two payday games per year, it'll be tough to schedule SDSU as an OOC game.

I'll reserve a number of smackish comments about that until some USD fan comes along and launches some serious smack.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      I wanted to comment on propar's comment regarding a USD fans version of why SDSU won't sign because of your boosters, but given he smacked in a non-smack thread, I'm sure his sins will be forgiven.

So to be safe, I am movong the topic to the smack thread so it can't be said I don't play fair. Propar's comment was something like: "of course USD wants to play us, in fact they want to play us 11 times a year."

My response naturally has to be of course we do, we want to go undefeated and make the playoffs.

'nuff said

p.s. good luck this weekend. I hope you win because I really want an undefeated ballot of rthe weekly contest and I picked the Jacks when many of you didn't.

The truth does hurt, doesn't it?

My apologies to Filbert and the gang for the smack in the non-smack thread. This is definitely a better place for any discussion involving the Coyotees.

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        The truth does hurt, doesn't it?

My apologies to Filbert and the gang for the smack in the non-smack thread. This is definitely a better place for any discussion involving the Coyotees.

Go Jacks!!
        What's the truth? And what's "the hurt"?

I could care less if we ever played you again. All I did was "make some fun" of your comment. Of course we want to play you 11 times because we want to go undefeated. (in case you haven't picked up on it, it is said in jest)

Now regarding the GAME, again I could care less. But as the saying goes, "that is where 2 fools met and didn't do business." Low travel costs and high gate revenues. I know, I know........you'll get just as many there if you play McNeese State. (rolls eyes)

Anyway propar, you coyote hating son of a gun, good luck this weekend.

Comment

But there, again, if USD needs two paydays a year, it really limits the availability of mutual weekends.

I expect that USD & UND will be in the Valley sooner rather than later because, as has been noted countless times, the presidents make the call not the fans. And I really don't expect either rivalry series to begin before that.

USD & UND match the institutional profile of the Valley, they sit in the geographic footprint, and they offer (whether you care to admit it or not) an opportunity to dilute the schedule not unlike the CAA.

In the current regime, everybody plays everybody, which stinks because if you've got four good teams, you'll have a lot of lousy records by the end of the season. The second best team in the conference may go 5-3 and end up tied with the third best, and then you end up with a lot of 7-4 oatmeal that gets lousy draws in the playoffs, and one or two 6-5 teams that were thisclose to making the playoffs.

Expanding the Valley should, in theory, stabilize it and increase the number and the percentage of playoff teams it produces.

There are a lot of fans that won't like it, but I'm not one of them.

Oh, and because this is a smack thread:

The Dakotadome is probably the best indoor track facility ever to have a second rate football field crammed into it.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            But there, again, if USD needs two paydays a year, it really limits the availability of mutual weekends.

I expect that USD & UND will be in the Valley sooner rather than later because, as has been noted countless times, the presidents make the call not the fans. And I really don't expect either rivalry series to begin before that.

USD & UND match the institutional profile of the Valley, they sit in the geographic footprint, and they offer (whether you care to admit it or not) an opportunity to dilute the schedule not unlike the CAA.

In the current regime, everybody plays everybody, which stinks because if you've got four good teams, you'll have a lot of lousy records by the end of the season. The second best team in the conference may go 5-3 and end up tied with the third best, and then you end up with a lot of 7-4 oatmeal that gets lousy draws in the playoffs, and one or two 6-5 teams that were thisclose to making the playoffs.

Expanding the Valley should, in theory, stabilize it and increase the number and the percentage of playoff teams it produces.

There are a lot of fans that won't like it, but I'm not one of them.

Oh, and because this is a smack thread:

The Dakotadome is probably the best indoor track facility ever to have a second rate football field crammed into it.

good smack zoo

Comment

They play football there? I thought that was a septic tank!
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                Zoo's was alot funnier. Keep trying though.

Comment

Zoo's was alot funnier. Keep trying though.
                  A guy once told me USD plays basketball in there too. I'm pretty sure the guy was pulling my leg, that's just absurd!
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    A guy once told me USD plays basketball in there too. I'm pretty sure the guy was pulling my leg, that's just absurd!
                    You know what? I heard that also, so I checked. According to GoJacks.com your school played there on 2/28/2004. It was a Saturday.

The good news is you were 25-4 going into the game. You were 25-5 coming out of the game.

Comment

The other day I was driving to Howard and I saw a big structure that looked almost like the DakotaDome without the roof on it. I was thinking "This person really likes USD."

Then I realized it was a confinement tank for hog s#!t... it was located next to a hog confinement facility... One and the same, I guess.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

The other day I was driving to Howard and I saw a big structure that looked almost like the DakotaDome without the roof on it. I was thinking "This person really likes USD."

Then I realized it was a confinement tank for hog s#!t... it was located next to a hog confinement facility... One and the same, I guess.
                        Keep trying...........

Comment

Keep trying...........
                          The other day I was driving through Vermillion and I saw a big structure that looked almost like a confinement tank for hog s#!t except it had a roof. I was thinking "Why would someone put a roof on a confinement tank for hogs#!t right in the middle of town.."

Then I realized it was the Dakota Dome.

(This story is obviously fiction, why would anybody drive through Vermillion!)
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Dude. You're not approaching this with the right mindset.

What you have there is a permanent cover for the world's largest silage bunker.

You don't want to know what they did with the 25,000 tires that held the old tarp down.

Let's just say that the clams in certain cans of private label clam chowder were a bit chewier than expected. But the good news is that USD wisely invested that money in GM stock (on a hot tip) a few years ago. Wait. No. I guess that was bad news. But the good news is that they were awarded an abandoned factory and 60 acres of contaminated soil in New Jersey as part of the bankruptcy settlement. No wait. More bad news. But the good news is that they found a suspiciously cheap hazardous waste removal firm that operates out of a Batavia, New York, P.O. box (here's a tip: don't buy any potting soil from "Legitimate Business Brand Potting Soil and Mulch")

Comment

I thought it was a grain silo. I learned something today. You can play football in grain silos.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X