Clear All

• MVFC Games Sept 25

YSU 31 SIU 21 4th Qtr.

WIll. 40 Indiana St 7 4th Qtr.

Re: MVFC Games Sept 25

Originally posted by couger71 View Post
    YSU 31 SIU 21 4th Qtr.

We may see a massive change in which teams are at the top/bottom of MVFC. We'll see how UNI/NDSU OOC games go, but also how things turn out in Carbondale.

Comment

Originally posted by couger71 View Post
      YSU 31 SIU 21 4th Qtr.

The way this season is going, I think we could just flip the standings from last year and that's probably how this season will end. Not including ISU-Blue in that scenario of course.

Comment

NDSU 28-USD 16 in the 4th
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Make that 35-16
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

NDSU up 38-16

Comment

MSU up on ISU-red 31-23 in the 4th. No comback for the Yotes, NDSU up 38-16 with 1 min and threatening.

Comment

ISU-red 44-MSU 41 2OT Final. ISU-red is alone on top of the MVFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                  ISU-red 44-MSU 41 2OT Final. ISU-red is alone on top of the MVFC.
                  Drats, I switched my pickem to Mo. St. a couple days ago. Almost worked out for me.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

2OT games are hard to pick.

Comment

Quick question.

Let's say we win 6 of our last 8 games and all 6 are MVFC wins. We finish 6-5 but with a 6-2 conference record and in first place alone. Who goes to the playoffs?
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Quick question.

Let's say we win 6 of our last 8 games and all 6 are MVFC wins. We finish 6-5 but with a 6-2 conference record and in first place alone. Who goes to the playoffs?

Pretty sure SDSU does and if this scenerio plays out, SDSU will be the only one from the MVFC, IMO.

Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          Pretty sure SDSU does and if this scenerio plays out, SDSU will be the only one from the MVFC, IMO.

Go Jacks!!
                          I'm not sure as I believe 7 DI wins are necessary to be eligible for and at large playoff birth but not for the auto-bid. Again, I'm not sure.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here are the selection rules for the playoffs for last year, but I am sure they are same this year except for the expansion part. Look on page 11 of the booklet. The conference champion goes regardless of their record. The way the guidelines read, the 7 wins is not an absolute rule for an at large bid, but I imagine when it says the chances will be jeopardized without seven wins, it is a rule for all practical purposes.

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ...l_handbook.pdf

Comment

With a final record of 6-5 and 6 conference wins, we only get in with auto-bid. That scenario would have us ending the year losing at home to UND. That would kill all possibilities of an at-large bid regardless of rules.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X