let's talk team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's talk team

Now that we know who is here , who will wrestle thru the year and more?

Re: let's talk team

Originally posted by hoss33 View Post
    Now that we know who is here , who will wrestle thru the year and more?
    i think the line up will basiclly be the same as last year, with elliot in at 174 and some question marks at 133 & 197

I think that most of the incoming freshman class will red shirt, though a few will be held out as back ups

Comment

What about all those freshman ,there has to be some talent there for some good wrestle off in the ROOM?

Comment

Originally posted by hoss33 View Post
        What about all those freshman ,there has to be some talent there for some good wrestle off in the ROOM?
        They did a good job of bringing in some new talent (14 fresh) and I'm sure several are pushing some of the returners.

Comment

Little less than a week and we will all find out.

Comment

Ran across this article on SDSU junior wrestler David Michaud.

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/spor...cc4c002e0.html

Comment

Originally posted by JackRabbitBooster View Post
              They did a good job of bringing in some new talent (14 fresh) and I'm sure several are pushing some of the returners.
              The best of the freshmen have been struggling with some injuries, and so a lot is being put on a few of the others. Without Aaron Pickrel now, the Jacks are going to have to leave 125 and 133 open at the National Duals. Since we probably weren't going to win a dual there, the team points aren't as important...just hope we get through the Duals without any other injuries.

Comment

Not sure if anyone has seen this but SDSU has hired it's first full-time wrestling assistant.

Eustice hired as wrestling assistant

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205180121
                He looks to be a good hire and one hell of a good wrestler when he was at Iowa.

Welcome to Jacks Mr. Eustice!

Hopefully this much needed hire can help Coach Liles get the program going in the right direction.

Comment

Having Ty in the locker room will be a huge benefit. He has been a winner since early in his high school career. I'm looking forward to what impact he will have on recruiting. While we had our best year recruiting this year, I expect his presence will be significant. Being a four-time state champion from Blue Earth, MN, he will have connections to Minnesota's hot bed of recruits. Someday, I look forward to having the elite recruits from South Dakota consider wrestling for the Rabbits instead of heading to the Big XX conferences. I can't blame Kris Klapprodt from taking his talents to the Hawkeyes, but it would have been cool for him to follow in his parents footsteps. Kris's mom was a guard for the Rabbits in the 80's and his dad was a bruising running back on the Jacks gridiron at that same time.

Comment

I think wrestling, swimming and track are the sports where you could get more elite athletes to stay in state. They are team sports, too, but if you are good, you can win a National Championship at SDSU. You just have to go out and do it for yourself. In sports like football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, etc.. you have to have a solid team to win. I think that if I was a stud, I'd like to stay at home and make my in state University look good.
                    I don't blame anybody for making the decision that they think is best for them but the 1st person/team to win a NC at SDSU will stick in my mind forever.

Comment

While I'm with you in my desire to win an individual championship competing for my home state, there are a few more tools in the big time programs to help you reach that championship level. More, and possibly better coaching, more competition at an elite level to work out daily with, and more facilities to work with. Jason has had to work his tail off trying to compete with the big boys. He has had to overcome several hurdles to attract the same elite level wrestlers. Hopefully, having Ty assiting him for a few years will have a significant impact on the program.

Comment

Nice article in the Argus about the Jacks off season training and how it is expected to translate into wins this year.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

Comment

Working...
                        X