What is it about Yote fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it about Yote fans?

I gotta tell you the reaction that some Yote fans have had to the Minnesota win had me confused. I will admit it was a big win, one they should be proud of but it seemed to me that this single win was the end all and be all to so many of them. If they lost every game the rest of the season it wouldn't matter because they beat Minnesota.

I gave it some thought and then it came to me. Yote fans are wired to only care about one game. It used to be the SDSU game. This realization helped me understand the venom that many Yoties spewed when we moved up and took their game away. It also explains why they are still losing their minds now that they have moved up, but are not on our schedule. They want their one game back. They really NEED that one game.

So the Minnesota game feels like home for them. They won their one game and now they don’t have to care anymore, because no matter what else happens the rest of their season they can feel good about themselves because of that one game.

The only question left to be answered is why are Yote fans that way, is it tradition, training, something else? I am just not sure.

Re: What is it about Yote fans?

LakeJack you're either on to something or you're on something. Either way I think you have gained valuable insight into the world of the Coyote.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
      I gotta tell you the reaction that some Yote fans have had to the Minnesota win had me confused. I will admit it was a big win, one they should be proud of but it seemed to me that this single win was the end all and be all to so many of them. If they lost every game the rest of the season it wouldn't matter because they beat Minnesota.

I gave it some thought and then it came to me. Yote fans are wired to only care about one game. It used to be the SDSU game. This realization helped me understand the venom that many Yoties spewed when we moved up and took their game away. It also explains why they are still losing their minds now that they have moved up, but are not on our schedule. They want their one game back. They really NEED that one game.

So the Minnesota game feels like home for them. They won their one game and now they don’t have to care anymore, because no matter what else happens the rest of their season they can feel good about themselves because of that one game.

The only question left to be answered is why are Yote fans that way, is it tradition, training, something else? I am just not sure.
      Abandonment issues, low self-esteem, rabies.
      University of South Dakota:
      Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

Rabies? Yeeks! Perhaps the Dundar Mifflin Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run For the Cure could throw a little help toward the Coyotes.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Any transition program that beats a team from an established conference such as the Big 10 should take full advantage of the moment, celebrate it and relish in it for awhile. To not do so is to kind of discredit the accomplishment.

Coyote fans realise the importance of the moment. I believe Yote fans look at the win as validation that they "for sure belong" rather than a be all end all. Actually USD could not have been more ready to play in a game against a NAIA opponent in what very easily could have been a major letdown game.

Transition is tough but moments like the win at Minnesota or winning the basketball conference make transition definately not so bad. As a fan I will admit that the first couple of years of transition sucked but with the basketball success last year combined with the strong finish to the football season last year and now the Minnesota win make this a prosperous time when it could just as easily be the opposite.

There are way too many tough games on the football schedule for the team to not take some lumps. I don't think many Coyote fans would be satisfied if the team basically tanked the rest of the season.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

SDSU fans think USD misses/needs them much more than USD fans do.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
              SDSU fans think USD misses/needs them much more than USD fans do.
              Yet USD fans continue to post on an SDSU fan forum, mostly complaining and attempting to compare yourselves to SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post

This sounds a lot like UND fans, it was the only thing cared about prior to hockey season. But they don't just want the game back, it has to be on their terms as well.

What is up with Yote fans? I heard a guy on KFAN yesterday actually call USD the Harvard of the Dakotas.

Comment

And we all know what comes out of Harvard.. Hot Air

Comment

Harvard of the plains, ha. Their vaunted B-school had only 2 graduate with honors last spring.
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                      What is up with Yote fans? I heard a guy on KFAN yesterday actually call USD the Harvard of the Dakotas.
                      Actually I can see how they could make that mistake. If you look at this weeks Sports Network poll the schools are very comparable. lol

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...v-1aa-poll.htm

Others receiving votes: North Dakota State 353, Elon 329, Grambling State 319, Jacksonville 309, Jackson State 148, Hampton 144, Robert Morris 120, Southern Illinois 98, Georgia Southern 85, Colgate 63, Dayton 56, Sam Houston State 41, South Dakota State 32, Indiana State 24, Illinois State 24, McNeese State 24, Sacramento State 23, Lehigh 16, Yale 15, Southern Utah 13, Texas State 9, Weber State 8, UC Davis 7, South Dakota 4, Harvard 3, Tennessee State 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                        Harvard of the plains, ha. Their vaunted B-school had only 2 graduate with honors last spring.
                        But we own all your farmground

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                          *sure you do* (nodding sarcastically)

That's the lamest U vs. State argument that I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            Didn't realize delivering pizzas paid that well.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post

Didn't USD copy that name from Creighton or UNL. I seem to recall one or the other used the phrase "Harvard of the Plains" back in the 80s, early 90s.

Comment

Working...
                              X