This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight end

What is the problem with them (coaches or Obrein) not using the tight end. Cochart is one of the best in the FCS he had 2 catches for about 18 yrds.
    I watched him on other patterns and he was open almost all the time. Obrein had time on those plays to get it to him. It is always positive yards when he gets the ball.
    WHATS GOING ON WITH THIS OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLING

Re: Tight end

Play calling was very good at times. Execution was poor. Cochart was open, it's up to TOB to get him the ball. Honestly, it can come down to chemistry with a QB and his receivers (I'm not making that up). I wasn't the biggest or fastest TE in the world, but I made a living off of 10 yard option routes because the QB's I played with knew I was going to be there, be open and catch the ball.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I looked at the high lites of the redbird game,it looked to me that right when TOB had to get rid of the ball,his receivers run right at the coverage down the field.I thought the idea was to get away from coverage.Thier timing is all screwed up if you ask me.We don't have the speed or time to get past thier guys & they knew it & just waited.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbid rabbit View Post
        It is always positive yards when he CATCHES the ball.
        WHATS GOING ON WITH THIS OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLING
        While I think Cochart should be utilized more, he has had a history of dropped balls.

Cochart drops balls, no biggie. Hyland drops balls, he should never see the field again...

People griped about play calling last year when we had 8 wins. People griped about play calling when Ryan Berry was breaking records.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Cochart has the best hands on the team. The reson that I seen when he had a couple of drops was when the defender was drapped on him on a 3 or 5 yard pattern and the ball was coming at him 100 MPH.
          He should be used on longer patterns 10-12 yards and once he gets the ball he can do things.
          There isn't many people that could make those catches at the pro level.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            While I think Cochart should be utilized more, he has had a history of dropped balls.

Cochart drops balls, no biggie. Hyland drops balls, he should never see the field again...

People griped about play calling last year when we had 8 wins. People griped about play calling when Ryan Berry was breaking records.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
            Agree- too many dropped balls by our senior players. If they can't get the job done get them out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              I looked at the high lites of the redbird game,it looked to me that right when TOB had to get rid of the ball,his receivers run right at the coverage down the field.I thought the idea was to get away from coverage.Thier timing is all screwed up if you ask me.We don't have the speed or time to get past thier guys & they knew it & just waited.
              hyland 4.65.. Rollins never broke 4.6 either I believe Kool 4.5 something Hubert 4.6 something Don't know what Cochart runs Tiefenthaler 4.4 something Mitchell 4.5 something Gant- don't know We have some speed-timing is important.

Comment

Here's the mantra I lived by in my playing days and what I preach to my 9th grade players:

"Touch it, catch it"

I had one drop in my college career that still bothers me to this day and I can tell you the exact play it was on - 61 Naked Right - I down blocked and released to the flat - against UNC my senior year. Brook Parent was QB - ball hit me in the facemask.

How do we know who has the best hands on the team? What happens Sunday thru Friday is in no way indicative of what a player is capable of doing on Saturday's all the time.

I hope Cochart gets used a ton this year because I'm a TE guy. But if he doesn't and there's a reason for it, I'm not going to get upset.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

One reason they didnt target cochart is that he dropped more balls than he caught last week. Speaking from experience as well, even though cochart is a senior he struggles mentally about where to line up, etc. as much as anyone on the field. He does make good catches but drops routine balls way too often. Keeping him on the field in 4 wr sets is a mistake based on his inability to get off a jam from a qb and stretch the field vertically and create separation.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnybacker05 View Post
                    One reason they didnt target cochart is that he dropped more balls than he caught last week. Speaking from experience as well, even though cochart is a senior he struggles mentally about where to line up, etc. as much as anyone on the field. He does make good catches but drops routine balls way too often. Keeping him on the field in 4 wr sets is a mistake based on his inability to get off a jam from a qb and stretch the field vertically and create separation.
                    And this guy was supposed to be a PRO prospect.. That might make the ESPN C'Mon man segment every Monday night.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnybacker05 View Post
                      He dropped 2 balls last week 1 because the official was partiall in the way. The other one was 110 ft over his head and the other one he got nailed when the defender got there the same time the ball did.
                      He does not struggle about where to line up at all. I don't know what you watching but I see all the young receivers that are doing the struggleing. If you would watch the films you could see this.
                      As far as him getting of the jams he does this better that any receiver out there. You must be watching a differnt game.

Comment

If you would see him on film you would see he is wide open on his patterns most of the time. This is one indicater that he gets off his defender qucikly

Comment

Originally posted by speedrabbit View Post
                          and this guy was supposed to be a pro prospect.. That might make the espn c'mon man segment every monday night.
                          also how can he create sepration when they only have him running 5 yard patterns. When he does run a longer patern he is open.

Comment

in the first game against delaware he (cochart) was open all day long. QB wouldn't or couldn't check down to him. the QB needs to see the field better.

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
                              in the first game against delaware he (cochart) was open all day long. QB wouldn't or couldn't check down to him.
                              Again, Cochart dropped at least two balls in that Delaware game (one was a TD according to TV if I remember correctly). But I'm sure he was hit a little too hard, it wasn't right at his numbers, or the sun was in his eyes...

Cochart is a great TE. I'm sure he, the coaches, and TOB are doing everything in their power to improve so things can get back on track.

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
                              the QB needs to see the field better.
                              The tight ends and receivers need to catch better.
                              Minett needs to run better.
                              The O Line needs to block better.
                              The D Line needs to rush better.
                              The linebackers need to tackle better.
                              The secondary needs to cover better.

Does that about cover it?
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X