Tailgating at NU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgating at NU

The Yankton group has a large contingent headed to Lincoln. We have 18 rooms blocked at the Embassy Suites and plan to be there as early as 4 pm on Friday. A lot of families are bringing their children. Should be a great time.

Anyone have advice for the evening on Friday? I was thinking Laslo's for supper after the happy hour at Embassy Suites.

Saturday will be an all day party. Not sure where we'll be but we'll be a lot of places. I've got passes to the Empyrean brewery's party and plan to check that out. Also planning to hit Sidetracks early Saturday for Bloody Marys.

Anyone tailgating with the Nebraska crowd?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Tailgating at NU

I'll be up there, but not sure when. I have some friends that will be coming up with me along with my wife and my parents. Looking forward to it.

Comment

We were also looking at going to Lazlo's sometime friday night. It was recommended by a fine jack fan on this board. And im still looking for two more tickets.
      Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 09-20-2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Stop by most Nebraska tailgates and you'll likely be invited to stay and offered food and beverages a plenty.

Comment

I meant to post this a few weeks ago when it happened but the Alumni Association event has maxed out (we even added an additional 100 spots). Athletics is doing an event in Omaha on Friday night.

Alumni:

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Athletics:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204980609

Go State!

Comment

Great News!! The SDSU Alumni Association was able to
            acquire additional space at the Embassy Suites in
            Lincoln for our tailgate!
            Space is still limited, and is once again available on first come first
            serve basis!

We expect to sell this event out again, even with the additional spaces.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
              Great News!! The SDSU Alumni Association was able to
              acquire additional space at the Embassy Suites in
              Lincoln for our tailgate!
              Space is still limited, and is once again available on first come first
              serve basis!

We expect to sell this event out again, even with the additional spaces.

Go State!

Thanks for posting this, as I was bummed I hadn't gotten in on it earlier.

Comment

jackmd - We are also staying at Embassy Suites. We are currently looking for a spot to tailgate. My two sisters (one of whose son plays in The Pride) are going and several friends (including a players father). We are looking for a spot to tailgate as well. If we are staying in the Embassy there is a good chance we can tailgate there?

Comment

My sis also is bringing her camper and staying at a campground that is a mile away from stadium...so we might just tailgate there.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                    jackmd - We are also staying at Embassy Suites. We are currently looking for a spot to tailgate. My two sisters (one of whose son plays in The Pride) are going and several friends (including a players father). We are looking for a spot to tailgate as well. If we are staying in the Embassy there is a good chance we can tailgate there?
                    My understanding, they have a formal tailgate gathering at their loading dock. Beverages and food for purchase, live entertainment, etc... I don't know about the options for an informal tailgate, not sure if they allow that or not. We aren't bringing the tailgate grill but I am going to throw some chairs in the van.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      Thanks for posting this, as I was bummed I hadn't gotten in on it earlier.
                      I got us in for sure this time. I am stoked for this. What are most people wearing? Blue or Yellow? I am thinking yellow shirt and hoody and blue SDSU hat. I suppose Blue would be a little easier to pick out of the sea of red.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm going blue, but yellow works!

Go State!

Comment

But if it rains I am wearing what ever color my rain coat is.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            But if it rains I am wearing what ever color my rain coat is.
                            Real Tree camo?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Real Tree camo?
                              More of a forrest green, but yeah.

Comment

Working...
                              X