Jimmy Rogers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Rogers

He had passion on the field and he has passion on the sidelines. After watching him for a while it occurred to me it has been a long time since I have seen passion out of the coaching staff. It was great to see.
    I started to think how awesome it would be someday for him to be our head coach; smart, passionate, committed to a team ready to play!!

just some thoughts that went through my head as I watched the sidelines yesterday (when watching the field became too difficult).

Re: Jimmy Rogers

For all that the coaching staff does....sometimes they are just a little toooo reserved. But they still do a great job.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

At one point, TOB had to drag Jimmy by the belt back behind the dashed line on the sidelines. Jimmy has gone from my favorite player to watch to my favorite coach to watch.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        For all that the coaching staff does....sometimes they are just a little toooo reserved. But they still do a great job.
        I think that goes for our fans at times too. It's okay to go crazy now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
          I think that goes for our fans at times too. It's okay to go crazy now and then.
          I sat in section K at Coughlin this Saturday and you could hear a pin drop the whole game. Section K & L are on the main stands, closest to the Dykhouse and it was the first time I had sat over there.

I don't expect everyone to be going nuts like a crazed college student, but it wouldn't hurt to make a little noise when Illinois St is trying to convert a 3rd down right in front of you.

Than again, the Jacks never really gave the crowd a chance to get into the game until the 4th quarter.
          http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

Coach Stig did not mention Jimmy during the Difference makers meeting this AM, but he did go through the hours put in by one coach. Luke Meadows logged 75 hours this week. I guess he was using him as an example of the hours our coaches put in. I think JR probably puts in as much time as GA as does some of the full time staff.

Comment

Too bad those 75 hrs meadowns is logging arent amounting to anything productive as viewed in his play calling ability of the past couple seasons

Comment

If i were meadows i would be embarassed that someone said I put in 75 hours a week gameplanning only to lead my offense to be shut out for 3 quarters and finally score in the 4th against prevent defenses

Comment

Originally posted by bunnybacker05 View Post
                  Too bad those 75 hrs meadowns is logging arent amounting to anything productive as viewed in his play calling ability of the past couple seasons
                  Zing.
                  That's all I'll say about that.
                  As for cheering on 3rd and 2, as voiced by several posters on other threads. Difficult to cheer for your team, when your own fans are telling you to sit down and be quiet. Ridiculous.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    Zing.
                    That's all I'll say about that.
                    As for cheering on 3rd and 2, as voiced by several posters on other threads. Difficult to cheer for your team, when your own fans are telling you to sit down and be quiet. Ridiculous.
                    As a first year season ticket holder and having not been to a game in over 6 years, I was absolutely APPALLED at the lack of enthusiasm from a good majority of the season ticket holders. We are in the lower to mid rows of section J and had a great cheering section for about 6 rows who would actually stand up and make some noise on key third downs.

Some of the players on the sideline and even some on the field were imploring for more noise from the crowd on several occassions.

I don't mean to encourage thread drift, but is the lack of enthusiasm due to the "older" wine and cheese crowd that is still around?

I'm not sure there is a solution.

I will echo your comments Catrabbit.....RIDICULOUS.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                      As a first year season ticket holder and having not been to a game in over 6 years, I was absolutely APPALLED at the lack of enthusiasm from a good majority of the season ticket holders. We are in the lower to mid rows of section J and had a great cheering section for about 6 rows who would actually stand up and make some noise on key third downs.

Some of the players on the sideline and even some on the field were imploring for more noise from the crowd on several occassions.

I don't mean to encourage thread drift, but is the lack of enthusiasm due to the "older" wine and cheese crowd that is still around?

I'm not sure there is a solution.

I will echo your comments Catrabbit.....RIDICULOUS.
                      I have a feeling the season ticket holders would have been a little more enthusiastic had the team not laid an egg in the first half. I think there was good energy at the start of the game but it's hard for a home crowd to stay loud when the team doesn't give them anything to cheer about. That's why it's called "taking the crowd out of the game" for the opposing team.

Comment

I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...&Q_SEASON=2010

"...before returning to SDSU in July 2002...

During Meadows’ time on staff, the Jackrabbits have posted four of the top 10 single-season rushing totals in school history and five of the top 10 single-game rushing performances. In addition, SDSU has recorded four of the top-10 scoring averages in the program’s history, including 35.6 points per game in 2008. The 2008 squad also set an SDSU single-season record with 427 points in 12 games, scoring 40 or more points in a game six times...

SDSU has established 11 team single-game and single-season offensive records, including rolling up 689 yards of total offense in the 2005 Hobo Day victory over Missouri-Rolla. Jackrabbit players he has coached also have established 30 new individual school records during his tenure."
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

If i were meadows i would be embarassed that someone said I put in 75 hours a week gameplanning only to lead my offense to be shut out for 3 quarters and finally score in the 4th against prevent defenses
                          So what would you have done that would make us 2-0 at this point? You seem to have the answers. Lets hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            So what would you have done that would make us 2-0 at this point? You seem to have the answers. Lets hear them.
                            I hate this attitude. There is nothing wrong with criticizing the coaching staff. That doesn't mean the person that does the criticizing thinks that he/she can do better, it just means that he/she expects the person that is paid to do the job.

And to answer your question: I would call better plays. Ones that don't suck.

Oh, and I haven't been a lifeguard for a year or so; I'll make sure to change that.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                              I hate this attitude. There is nothing wrong with criticizing the coaching staff. That doesn't mean the person that does the criticizing thinks that he/she can do better, it just means that he/she expects the person that is paid to do the job.

And to answer your question: I would call better plays. Ones that don't suck.

Oh, and I haven't been a lifeguard for a year or so; I'll make sure to change that.
                              Your curt attitude leaves some thing to be desired. All Coach Stig was saying that his guys put in a bunch of hours, for bunnyback05 to imply that the 75 hours were wasted time, only shows what little some of you guys know about the program. BTW with these many hours on salary the per hour rate is probably less than 5 dollars an hour. I personally think its a thankless job since guys RO, the ex life guard know more than the rest of us, I challenge you do to a better job.

Comment

Working...
                              X