Circle the wagons!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circle the wagons!!!!!

Here we are 0-2, heading to Nebraska this week. And finally we will get this stupid cloud from over our heads called the Cornhuskers. Then finally we can begin to think about our actual football season.
    We have one conference loss. Just one. There's a lot of season left. We've started 0-2 or 0-3 every year except last year since we began transition...so what's the difference now?
    Lot of young kids in position, great athletes! Just need to put it together. TOB is still just a sophomore. Now, he's a Sophomore with receivers that are young and just learning system as well.
    Go down to Nebraska air it out....everybody expects us to lose 70-0 anyways. Let those young receivers work against that experienced corps of defensive backs. Rotate the oline and the dlines heavily. Put Tyrel in at Running back instead of Duffy every once in a while.
    But most of all: Take that stupid flat pass to the far receiver out of the play book and burn it. It DOESN'T WORK!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: Circle the wagons!!!!!

Might not agree completely with the above points but I do on the sentiment expressed. Season's young. Let's see what we've learned so far and what we can use against UNL and then put it all together for the rest of the season. I, too, recall many slow starts that finished well.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      But most of all: Take that stupid flat pass to the far receiver out of the play book and burn it. It DOESN'T WORK!
      My God yes. I hate this play with every fiber of my being. I think we run it once a series too. Ugggggggggggh.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I was going to post the same thing. 0-1 in the conference is not the worst place to be after starting 0-3.

Let's also keep in mind that these are 18-23 year old kids in college. They aren't professionals and don't expect them to play as well as your favorite NFL team, even though we would all love that!

Comment

the other teams have "18-23 year old kids" too.

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
            the other teams have "18-23 year old kids" too.
            I guess that would be a reason not to be overly critical of our opponents.

Comment

We're not the only ones who are 0-2...and I bet these guys are going to turn it around as well....

http://missoulian.com/sports/college...cc4c002e0.html

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                I was going to post the same thing. 0-1 in the conference is not the worst place to be after starting 0-3.

Let's also keep in mind that these are 18-23 year old kids in college. They aren't professionals and don't expect them to play as well as your favorite NFL team, even though we would all love that!
                No...I think they play as well a the Vikings...(sorry couldn't resist)

Comment

I don't think the blame is suppose to rest with the student/athletes, but perhaps the paid professionals on the sidelines.
                  If we have always had bad starts since transition began...whose fault is that??
                  Bad play calling?
                  A team that seems disengaged?

No, you don't blame the kids. From Montana to Illinois State, you don't blame the kids!!!
                  Last edited by bellringer85; 09-19-2010, 05:08 PM.

Comment

i didn't blame "18-23" at all, i meant both teams have the same age group of players. one team played better than the other. one team has to win, one has to lose. simple as that. some players are better than others and some coaches are better than others.

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
                      i didn't blame "18-23" at all, i meant both teams have the same age group of players. one team played better than the other. one team has to win, one has to lose. simple as that. some players are better than others and some coaches are better than others.
                      I was not implying that you were blaming the kids; and I apologize if it appeared otherwise. I have edited my post to take out any parts that could be read as such.

It just occurs to me that we have two groups, 18-23 year old athletes and paid professionals. When things begin to go south, who is expected to make the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by bellringer85 View Post
                        I was not implying that you were blaming the kids; and I apologize if it appeared otherwise. I have edited my post to take out any parts that could be read as such.

It just occurs to me that we have two groups, 18-23 year old athletes and paid professionals. When things begin to go south, who is expected to make the difference?
                        both groups need to step their game up. if one group quits, it's over for both groups.

Comment

Originally posted by bellringer85 View Post

players and coaches are both to blame. i hope we dont start getting into a hate stig thing like we do with nagy. its a team game, everyone is to blame. speaking of hate, i hate those that think they know more than the "PAID PROFESSIONALS". if youre so damn smart then maybe you should be out on the field running the team.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            players and coaches are both to blame. i hope we dont start getting into a hate stig thing like we do with nagy. its a team game, everyone is to blame. speaking of hate, i hate those that think they know more than the "PAID PROFESSIONALS". if youre so damn smart then maybe you should be out on the field running the team.
                            LOL...funny I don't remember saying that I knew more then them...figure that's why they are paid....to be smarter than me, know how to motivate a team, keep personal fouls to a minimum, maintain an O line, etc. isn't that the job they are paid to do?

However I am smart enough to know I have broken the great, golden and unbreakable rule for this forum...I dared criticize Stig...let the pile on begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                              Lot of young kids in position, great athletes! Just need to put it together. TOB is still just a sophomore. Now, he's a Sophomore with receivers that are young and just learning system as well.
                              I just finished a long (and probably illogical) rant on the Illinois State Game thread that says some of the same things and a lot more, but I'm not going to repeat it all here, but just one small part: I don't know if we are going to be the doormat of the conference as some think, but I don't think so, and for darn sure, I don't know so. We know what this weekend holds for us, let's hope the players can put it in the same perspective after it is over, realizing where they were playing, and can go to UNI (for our third road game of the first four games of the season) and see if we can get our legs under us.

Comment

Working...
                              X