Illinois State Game Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois State Game Day Thread

May as well get it going.... We're packing the car for tailgating and will be leaving soon on the 45 minute drive to Brookings.

Illinois State was the MVFC pre-season #3 pick, just behind So. Illinois and SDSU. We played ISU-red twice and won both. The last time the Redbirds were in Coughlin -- it was ugle FOR THEM. The weather was nasty and Ryan Berry and his receiving corps just ignored it, setting MVFC and SDSU records for seven touchdowns (I made the stupid remark prior to the game that the passing game would be hampered by the cold, wind and occasional spitting snow). [Keep in mind that was the remarkable season -- 2008 -- in which Berry had a miserable start at Iowa State but by the end of the season, he clearly made his case for being one of the top all-time QBs at SDSU -- no one will forget the made-for-movies win at Fargo.]

Colin Cochart caught two of those TD passes in 08. I suppose ISU-red will be fully aware #87 Cochart will welcome them back for his senior year.

As SDSU fans know, #18 Colin Kjerstad won't be in pads today. Kjerstad announced he's hanging up his spikes for good due a neck problem and a risk of catastophic injury if he continued to play. He'll be on the sidelines so it'll be like having another top coach assisting the d-backs. He's one of our Academic All-Americans, too (Kjerstad and Kyle Minett were University Division ESPN The Magazine All-Americans in 09).

Illinois State U is located in Normal, IL. and has more than 20,800 students which includes 18,300 undergraduates. It was started in 1857. The athletics teams are called the Redbirds, named after the Illinois State Bird, the Cardinal. ISU is home to one of the world's tallest residence halls, Watterson Towers, nearly 300 ft high and housing more than 2,200 students. The school song, "Glory Hast Thou," written to the same tune as the German national anthem. (Gee, that sounds pleasant.)

Re: Illinois State Game Day Thread

Very quiet on the board today. Hopefully because everyone is heading to Coughlin today.

High hopes for another Jackrabbit victory to add to the winningest college football program in Sout Dakota!
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Trying to listen to the pre-game audio at gojacks.com, but all I get is Please Stand By. grrrrr...
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
        Trying to listen to the pre-game audio at gojacks.com, but all I get is Please Stand By. grrrrr...
        You're not alone. Same here.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I've got audio now.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Anyone have video?

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
              Anyone have video?
              Mine locked up at the National Anthem. Audio went on but not video.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Mine did the same.

Comment

I thought it was my dsl. This is BS.

I can get audio, but now I can barely hear it.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

You should be thankful that you can't watch them drive right over the top of us.

Comment

Unfortunately it started working and I got to see it all. This D has some things to figure out.

Comment

4 of their last 4 on 3rd down? Come on! That's terrible.

Comment

Game on channelsurfing.net if that helps anyone out there.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

So far this season, the Jacks are doing an excellent imitation of a pretty bad football team.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              So far this season, the Jacks are doing an excellent imitation of a pretty bad football team.
                              No kidding. We look dreadful.

Comment

Working...
                              X