Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois State

Theee Catrabbit is right. It's time to move on. Saturday's Cereal Bowl brings the Illinois State Redbirds to town. They're 1-1, having allowed a D2 team to score 54 points at their place and then giving up 37 to Northwestern in their money game. The Cereal Bowl is a 6 p.m. start.

ISU-red has got a pretty good offense and what appears to be a poor defense.

Thoughts?
    Holy nutmeg!

Re: Illinois State

We've need to rush for more than 25 yds ?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      We've need to rush for more than 25 yds ?
      We have a whole different team from last yr and obviously lost some excellent
      O lineman. If we continue to let teams put 8-9 guys in the box we will have a difficult time having success in the running game. It will be interesting to see the adjustments that the coaches make this week. Go Jacks

Comment

I don't see a problem with this game at all. Unless we just come out and don't play hard, which I don't foresee happening, this should be an easy win.

I just hope that the loss in week 1 doesn't keep people away cause it's always more fun with a packed house.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
          I don't see a problem with this game at all. Unless we just come out and don't play hard, which I don't foresee happening, this should be an easy win.

I just hope that the loss in week 1 doesn't keep people away cause it's always more fun with a packed house.
          IMO not an easy game- I don't think we will have a easy game this yr. Hate to say that week #2 is a MUST win for us but in this case it is as the next 2 road games will be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post

Unfortunately I see this being an issue. Even if it's a beautiful day Saturday, I would bet the outcome yesterday cost 1500 casual fans this week.

Their loss. I'm still ready for 1:00 Saturday, followed by 6:00 Saturday. Followed by 9:00 Saturday after a W.

This week they have to get control of both lines of scrimmage. Pretty much what I stated for last week's keys to the game.

The Jacks are virtually unbeatable when Minett breaks 100 yards.

If Conrad's out again, the d-line needs to get into the backfield without help (not blitzing). I think Conrad is the most important player on this defense, even more than Domino, and maybe the most important on the team.

Comment

I think attendance will truly show the knowledge of our fanbase. DO they know how good Delaware is? Do they know how good Ill State is supposed to be? I'm thinking it may be around 13000, but I hope the fans are more itchy to see football this year and we get a 14000-15000 crowd for a home opener.
              1) Can we fix some issues with the Oline for the run game? I though the pass protection actually was pretty good. TOB needs to quit staring down 1 receiver
              2) I think we can admit maybe the team is younger than we thought....a 1000 mile trip was a big one. I think they'll feel better sleeping in their beds etc.
              3) Ill State is not Delaware.
              4) Lose the "drops". Cochart needs to get his head in the game. Tyrel had a nice 107 yard game, not too bad.
              5) Minett can't run through his own players, they need to open some holes.

And last this is our HOUSE!!!! WE (AS FANS) need to show up!!! Scream like it's a NC game. Show these young guys we still BELIEVE in them! Last game was history! Montana is History!!!! So get off your @$$es people! This is JACKRABBIT FOOTBALL!!!!! 1-0 Here we go!!!!
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Conrad K. is out for the season, the coach says. His football career is probably over. Time to move on, on that front. ... The Jacks, no doubt, will improve a lot from game one to game two, especially with a home game coming up against a team that won't be as good as Delaware. The Hens are probably the second-best team the Jacks will face all year. Regardless, the Jacks need to improve on all fronts, with the possible exception of punting. The offense, in particular, should be better than it showed in Delaware. Pre-season concern about inexperience at receiver and O-line seems warranted but not yet proven. The defense has to overcome and adjust to injuries. There's a lot of work to do the next few days.
                This space for lease.

Comment

I'm traveling over 1,500 miles to be back for the home opener!! I can't wait to see a much improved Jackrabbit team come out and take care of the Red Birds.

I think it's good that we got this 'wake-up call' out of the way early in the year, as it seems we have one every year. We were fortunate that this was a non-conference game.

After watching SIU yesterday, I have no doubt that the race for the conference title is WIDE OPEN...

Let's bounce back this week - Go Rabbits!!

Comment

Without productive passing (getting points out of)the rushing doesn't work.Without the rushing ,the passing is too difficult & unproductive.This i believe is the predicament we face.Overly simple,yes,but the fact is we have to be able to score somehow,three points a game & we'll have lots of L's instead of W's.

Comment

I'll be there. Looking forward to my first home game since 2004.
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                        Unfortunately I see this being an issue. Even if it's a beautiful day Saturday, I would bet the outcome yesterday cost 1500 casual fans this week.

Their loss. I'm still ready for 1:00 Saturday, followed by 6:00 Saturday. Followed by 9:00 Saturday after a W.

This week they have to get control of both lines of scrimmage. Pretty much what I stated for last week's keys to the game.

The Jacks are virtually unbeatable when Minett breaks 100 yards.

If Conrad's out again, the d-line needs to get into the backfield without help (not blitzing). I think Conrad is the most important player on this defense, even more than Domino, and maybe the most important on the team.
                        Conrad is done playing so said by WNAX yesterday. He was with Brubak in the press box, and hopes to coach some day.

Comment

6 pm gametime always helps on those great days, all day to tailgate, get errands and family events out of the way if you have to.....if you have something else to do in brookings on a saturday night from 6-9pm you must be reaching to the bottom of the entertainment bucket or are just being plain stubborn....
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I agree that the previous game was agonizing to watch as I had hoped for a win, but that being said I believe all isn't lost and that we can bounce back this week... as i keep seeing on various forums and websites, a team improves the most from week one to week 2, and I had already seen an improvement from the first half to the second half of the UD game. I'll be chearing loudly from 827 miles away! Go Jacks!
                            GO BIG,GO BLUE, GO JACKS!

Comment

Hopefully this game is not a repeat of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdOiF_qdQLI

Comment

Working...
                              X