Coyotes Now Ahead of The Jacks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyotes Now Ahead of The Jacks!

I really did not think that I would be coming on here quite this soon in the 'transition' but it is quite apparent after the Big Win by the Coyotes over Minnesota today that they are considerably farther ahead of State at this point than where the Jacks were.

You can also make a pretty serious case for the Yotes being ahead of the Jacks right now considering the performance put up by the boys from Brookings today.

It won't take long now for the Coyotes to officially become South Dakota's TEAM!

Re: Coyotes Now Ahead of The Jacks!

Originally posted by Quadriga View Post
    I really did not think that I would be coming on here quite this soon in the 'transition' but it is quite apparent after the Big Win by the Coyotes over Minnesota today that they are considerably farther ahead of State at this point than where the Jacks were.
    Yep. You can thank the BOR for waiving USD's Title IX compliance requirements. Of course it's anyone's guess when USD will be catching up, seeing how they needed today's $250k check to balance the budget.....
    You can also make a pretty serious case for the Yotes being ahead of the Jacks right now considering the performance put up by the boys from Brookings today.
    NDSU didn't win the Great West the year that they beat Minnesota--best be careful lest your 'yotes suffer a similar fate.
    It won't take long now for the Coyotes to officially become South Dakota's TEAM!
    Not gonna happen as long as the DakotaDump only seats 10k for football, and USD has no shot at making the playoffs, and so on and so forth.

Don't get me wrong, this is a big win for the 'Yotes.

But one win does not a program make.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriga View Post

Why isn't the Coyote message board working?

Comment

I was at the USD v. MN game...huge pat on the back to USD. This was no fluke by USD -- the Coyotes won this game. Now, that having been noted, it must be remember this is one game. For the thread starter--obviously a USD partisan -- to declare USD is now ahead of SDSU is sheer nonsense.

Until we get U of Delaware to play U of MN on the same day that U of MN played USD and U of Delaware played SDSU, which we all know is physcially imposible, its' just message-board idle chatter.

Congrats to USD -- I was excited to see the game. But, my money remains on the Jackrabbits being the MUCH better team if somebody cares to make comparisons.

Comment

Can anyone name our biggest win much less our biggest win on the road?

Comment

SDSU has a playoff appearance. USD does not. That is the ultimate goal in FCS. So no, USD is not ahead of SDSU right now. When comparing transitions, we're in year 3. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, in year 3 SDSU lost to UW-LaCrosse. So in those respects, yes USD is ahead of SDSU in transition. Remember USD also went out to Poly last year and won, something SDSU did not do. I'm just worried we suffer NDSU syndrome, win big games early but end up 3-8 our first playoff eligible year. Probably will because if Ed puts up a monster season he'll be gone.

Bottom line, somebody already said it, one win does not a program make. Totally agree. But it's still a Great Day to be a Coyote!

Comment

Great win for the Coyotes today.

I still find it hilarious when fans go absolute nuts over 1 loss (eg. just go over to Bisonville and look at their UNI Game Thread) and also go absolutely nuts over 1 win (Coyote Fans have every right to celebrate, but for a certain fan to start a thread saying they are ahead of SDSU is totally ridiculous).

Long season ahead for both SDSU (which need to get some things straightened up) and USD.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
                So in those respects, yes USD is ahead of SDSU in transition.
                The caveat, of course, being that SDSU was required, by the BOR, to maintain gender equity all through the transition period. SDSU was not fully funded in year 3.

By contrast, USD has scheduled two payday games for a ~$500k boost to the department's budget--I'm going to guess these past two weeks will account for roughly 8% of the USD athletic budget. In comparison, the Nebraska payday will provide less than 3% of the SDSU athletic budget.

It is not wise to compare the two football programs at this point, because SDSU did not have the opportunity to cash in, nor did they have the need to cash in on payday games in year 3 of the transition.

Finally, SDSU ended year #3 of transition with a national ranking. Will the same be said of USD? Only time will tell.......

Comment

Impressive win by the Coyotes. I'll give you that. Ahead of the Jacks? No. The Coyotes aren't even in a conference yet, let alone the playoffs. Coyote fans can't get too cocky. It was only the Gophers. There's plenty of time to backslide as a team, especially with the Great West going under and leaving the Coyotes and UND as orphans on the recruiting trail.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    Great win for the Coyotes today.

I still find it hilarious when fans go absolute nuts over 1 loss (eg. just go over to Bisonville and look at their UNI Game Thread) and also go absolutely nuts over 1 win (Coyote Fans have every right to celebrate, but for a certain fan to start a thread saying they are ahead of SDSU is totally ridiculous).

Long season ahead for both SDSU (which need to get some things straightened up) and USD.

We'd probably go nuts if we had minus 40 yards rushing and hadn't crossed the goal line since Nick Mertens was QB, too

Comment

the good news is the jacks were mentioned on espn last night in the highlights for almost beating the gophers last year. they also mentioned the two ndsu games against the gophers.

Comment

Big win for USD, yes. Bad loss for State. Arguably, State played the stronger though.

As far as South Dakota's team. Look at attendance figures.

One question, why do many USD fans measure the U-dot's success only against SDSU? I would think a comparison against peers would be more meaningful. U fans may want to look at Cal Poly for comparison?
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

As far as being "South Dakota's Team," USD should probably do something about their various athletic logos. The helmet logo looked like they're . . . from Utah maybe? What's with the U? If you're Miami (Fl.) you can maybe get away just having a "U" on the side of your helmet. If you're some low-mid-sized university on a windswept prairie somewhere, not so much. How about a big ol' red SD on the helmet?

If you're supposed to be South Dakota's Team, then why not sport South Dakota's Initials? On the other hand, if you're just the University's team, then by all means, keep the U. Just sayin . . .

Also, the jazzy snarling Coyote logo (the one that looks kind of like it's getting ready to pee) needs to go, too. It's utterly illegible even in HD.

Just trying to be helpful to our friends down on the river, here . . .

(And yeah, I'm reduced to smacking on USD's various logos. Regarding the 2010 football season, I got nothin'--yet, anyway. )
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

There are so many reasons to compare USD and SDSU's transition because the schools have so much in common. But yes, comparisons to other schools should be made as well. I'd say we are ahead of UND. We have more signature wins, we have better scheduling. I think our team makeup is just flat better. Our basketball team is better, we are in a conference (sans football), they are not. The irony is that we still can't beat those guys on the football field. I predict that to change this year and in future years, however.

Comment

I would hope that this is the year USD breaks the Curse of the Green and is no longer the worst DI FB team in the Dakotas
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X