X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSN Bracketology

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf

Re: TSN Bracketology

Must be a cold day in hell! I doubt very much that we will host a game with our facilities. My guess if this scenario held true: That for convenience and a prettier stadium we would play Montana State somehow. I find it funny that TSN, is picking SDSU to beat Delaware this weekend, yet Delaware is the higher seed in the Bracket? Of course this scenario is settled this weekend.
    Last edited by Theee Catrabbit; 09-09-2010, 09:13 AM.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      I find it funny that TSN, is picking SDSU to beat Delaware this weekend, yet Delaware is the higher seed in the Bracket?
      They don't have either of us "seeded". Only the top 5 will be seeded this year. It was only 4 in the 16-team format. The rest of the matchups are based on geography and guarantee bids. You touched on it yourself in your post. The non-seed vs. non-seed come down to facilities as to where the game is played, not necessarily who is the better team.

Delaware is the only team is FCS to average over 20,000/game in regular season attendance the past 12 years in a row. And Yes, that includes Montana.
      Because of this, Delaware almost always hosts at least a first round game when we make the playoffs. The last time we travelled in the 1st round was 1996 (they seeded all 16 teams back then). We were #15 and travelled to #2 Marshall.

Comment

Boy I guess I wouldn't mind the first round game if we get to play someone like Colgate at home. That would be fun. And TC, I would not doubt that we could get a home game. Its more about what the bid is I think and if we have even better attendance I highly doubt we would be heading to Colgate. .02
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by HensRock View Post
          They don't have either of us "seeded". Only the top 5 will be seeded this year. It was only 4 in the 16-team format. The rest of the matchups are based on geography and guarantee bids. You touched on it yourself in your post. The non-seed vs. non-seed come down to facilities as to where the game is played, not necessarily who is the better team.

Delaware is the only team is FCS to average over 20,000/game in regular season attendance the past 12 years in a row. And Yes, that includes Montana.
          Because of this, Delaware almost always hosts at least a first round game when we make the playoffs. The last time we travelled in the 1st round was 1996 (they seeded all 16 teams back then). We were #15 and travelled to #2 Marshall.
          While essentially not seeded, it still would be essentially a 1st round "bye" so to speak. So almost as good as a "seed". It's all speculation. I just thought it was interesting more than anything.

Thumper if we got a home playoff game the kegs'll be in my tailgate spot for sure!!!!!!!!!
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            While essentially not seeded, it still would be essentially a 1st round "bye" so to speak. So almost as good as a "seed". It's all speculation. I just thought it was interesting more than anything.

Thumper if we got a home playoff game the kegs'll be in my tailgate spot for sure!!!!!!!!!
            And I will be there if that is the case!
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
            X