• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush to lose Heisman?

http://www.comcast.net/articles/spor.../Heisman-Bush/

Yahoo Sports just reporting...

Re: Bush to lose Heisman?

Wow academically ineligible, its a shame it took the NCAA five years to find this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Wow academically ineligible, its a shame it took the NCAA five years to find this out.
      It wasn't for academic reasons, it was for receiving cash benefits from a marketing agent.

Comment

That is rough. Considering that year he was by far the best college football player.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          That is rough. Considering that year he was by far the best college football player.
          A very good case could be made for VY.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            It wasn't for academic reasons, it was for receiving cash benefits from a marketing agent.
            A quote from the article link posted by NOVA":

The website cited two anonymous sources close to the Heisman Trophy Trust, who say the group's investigation is almost complete and would agree with the NCAA's finding that Bush was ineligible during the '05 season.

Maybe I was reading into this brief article too much but since it states here he was ineligible during the 05 season, I assume it was a grade issue. I don't doubt what you are saying, as agents sometimes get away with murder or attempt too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              A quote from the article link posted by NOVA":

The website cited two anonymous sources close to the Heisman Trophy Trust, who say the group's investigation is almost complete and would agree with the NCAA's finding that Bush was ineligible during the '05 season.

Maybe I was reading into this brief article too much but since it states here he was ineligible during the 05 season, I assume it was a grade issue. I don't doubt what you are saying, as agents sometimes get away with murder or attempt too.
              He was ineligible because he took money, not because of grades. If you take money (or anything really) from agents, boosters or anyone you lose your amateur status and your eligibility to play college athletics.

The Heisman trust says in order to win the Heisman trophy you must be an amateur and by Bush taking money (among several other things including a new car) he lost his amateur status. Nothing to do grade wise.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                He was ineligible because he took money, not because of grades. If you take money (or anything really) from agents, boosters or anyone you lose your amateur status and your eligibility to play college athletics.

The Heisman trust says in order to win the Heisman trophy you must be an amateur and by Bush taking money (among several other things including a new car) he lost his amateur status. Nothing to do grade wise.
                Thanks I get it. I guess its so easy to equate ineligibilty to grades that seems to be standard in my mind, that you forget about all sort of other issues, such as agent payoffs etc.

Comment

Well, I guess he can just replace the Heisman trophy with the Super Bowl ring in the display case. I imagine that the millions of dollars will help him deal with losing a statue.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

This story really reveals how big of snakes some of these agents really are (assuming innocence of a young kid trying to help out his family).

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                      This story really reveals how big of snakes some of these agents really are (assuming innocence of a young kid trying to help out his family).
                      Well, there's helping out and then there's helping out, if you know what I mean....

His family grabbed everything they could possibly get from any number of willing participants in that debacle, all while Pete Carroll & USC played "See No Evil"

Comment

Working...
                      X