This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska smack

The original Omaha World Herald article that sparked Bernie Hunhoff's decidedly un-smackish response is (apparently) no longer on the net.

Some Husker fans have taken exception to the SD smack below:

http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showth...e-OWH&p=107774

The general repudiation of such smack by Husker fans notwithstanding, does this not call for some good-natured ribbing of ye Cornhusker State?

----

Me? I'm amused that Nebraska is mostly famous for its OREGON trail landmarks and monuments.

What was on the Nebraska quarter?

Chimney Rock.

A landmark for weary travelers saying, "you're almost out of Nebraska"

Re: Nebraska smack

And in keeping with the importance of the Oregon, California, and Mormon trails to Nebraska history, as well as the world's largest train classification yard (North Platte), and I-80, might I suggest this as a new motto for Nebraska:

Nebraska: The best way to get somewhere else.

or perhaps:

Nebraska--just passing through, since 1861.

Comment

While visiting Nebraska, take a detour to see Carhenge. It's the state's biggest attraction. Other than the Corn, of course.
      This space for lease.

Comment

I especially get a kick out of the Bison fan that 'piped in' on the arrogance of the SDSU faithful.

Are

You

Serious?

Pot - meet kettle. (yes, the kettle is black) Better get back to the kool aid. (I must admit - I LOVE the green lemon-lime flavor, but I could do without the green)

Comment

What does the N stand for on Nebraska's helmets?
          Nowledge
          Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

So this guy owns a bar, and he's understaffed and can't find a good bartender.

One day a catalog arrives in the mail full of the latest in bartending supplies. One of the items is the "robot bartender." It's only $1,995 plus shipping and handling so the guy figures, 'what the heck?' and orders it.

It shows up and he plugs it in, turns it on, and opens up shop.

First guy comes in and the robot bartender wheels up to him and says, "Hi, I'm Eddie the Robot Bartender. I'm here to engage you in pleasant conversation and serve you drinks. What would you like to drink and what is your IQ?"

First guy says 160 and he wants a manhattan, so the robot says, "excellent, I'll be back with your drink and we'll talk about particle physics." The robot then wheels off to serve the next customer.

Second customer sits down and Eddie goes through the spiel, and asks the guy about his IQ. Guy says it's 120, so Eddie says that he'll be right back and they can talk about economics.

Last guy comes in, gets the spiel from Eddie, and says that his IQ is about 65. Eddie is really quiet for a while. Some lights blink. Some alarms go beep.

Suddenly Eddie begins chanting "GO BIG RED! GO BIG RED!!"

Comment

Listen here South Dakota State fans. Get ready for some big time football in a few weeks. After the butt kicking we lay down you guys will wish you were back in D2 where you belong. Leave your trailers and portable outhouses behind and get ready to watch how a 5 time national champion plays football. Oh by the way, good luck catching Taylor Martinez. You will need rabbits to catch this guy. So bring your covered wagons down to Lincoln and enjoy the atmosphere of real D1 football

Comment

Originally posted by Husker Fan View Post
                bring your covered wagons down to Lincoln
                Pot, meet kettle.

Comment

get ready to watch how a 5 time national champion plays football
                  Meh. We've already seen how a 6 time national champion plays football.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h55FzRJLbc

nuff said.

bring some of that moonshine that you all sell with you as it might help make watching the game more bearable.

FROM JACKJD: This is one of the UNO "mavbots" and he's been banned. Part of the reason for the ban: hasn't changed his diapers in a couple of days.
                    Last edited by JackJD; 09-27-2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I've been to Omaha on a Saturday afternoon.

It's bad enough to make anyone either a gambler (Harrah's Council Bluffs!!!!!!!) or a Husker fan.

Comment

nuff said
                        Oh, by the way, I'm glad they finally tore down the horse stalls across from Devaney. For the first time in years you can attend a Nebraska basketball game with an outside chance of parking on a paved surface.

BTW2: gotta love a school that named its basketball/track/swim/gymnastics facility after a football coach........

Comment

One other thing--------why don't you call up Coach Yori and ask her why she backed out of that agreement to play ball up in Brookings.............

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            One other thing--------why don't you call up Coach Yori and ask her why she backed out of that agreement to play ball up in Brookings.............
                            Oh I am sure that a team that had 2 losses all of last year and ranked in the top 5 most of the year is afraid of playing a D2 school. Hell, she probably would rather play Kearney since they are closer. Yori probably didn't want to travel up and over all the dirt roads to get up there. Next you will try and convince me that Coach Pelini is afraid to come up there?????

FROM JACKJD: This guy's been banned...mavbot.
                            Last edited by JackJD; 09-27-2010, 07:48 PM.

Comment

By the way, the most famous thing about your football program is a frigging kicker(Adam Vinatieri). That says all I need to know right there.

FROM JACKJD: This guy's been banned...mavbot. He's a dumb one, too. No need to starting listing other greats from SDSU, he has a short memory and low comprehension.
                              Last edited by JackJD; 09-27-2010, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X