Anyone going to Delaware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to Delaware?

Ordered my ticket last week. Have already made contact with one fellow Forum-ite. Anyone else going? Given our mid-Atlantic weather this summer it could be really hot. Hope Jacks are in shape.

Re: Anyone going to Delaware?

Count me in for Deleware, along with 3 of my friends. Bought our plane tickets on the night of the FCS national championship game. We all decided to go while on our long drive back from the Montana game. Looking forward to a great trip and a brand new season. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by juniorjackgrownold View Post
      Count me in for Deleware, along with 3 of my friends. Bought our plane tickets on the night of the FCS national championship game. We all decided to go while on our long drive back from the Montana game. Looking forward to a great trip and a brand new season. Go Jacks!!

If they allow tailgating, I'll haul up my porto-grill up and some goodies and will host a pre-game gathering. If you or anyone else is game, PM me...

Comment

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

The SDSU Alumni have the TGIFridays booked for the SDSU tailgating 2 blocks from the UD stadium.

Saturday, September 11, 2010
        10:45 am – 12:30 pm - Tailgate

TGI Fridays
        650 S. College Ave
        Newark, DE 19713
        (303) 737-3700
        Map

1:00 pm - Kickoff - SDSU at University of Delaware
        Delaware Stadium
        631 S. College Avenue
        Newark, DE 19716
        For game tickets and information contact the Delaware Athletics at 302-831-2257 or online at www.bluehens.com.
        Map

Registration cost: $20 per person

•Food and drink tickets will be provided to attendees

I've enjoyed some of the Alumni gathering in the DC area, and ended up seeing lots of SDSU alumni and sharing stories. Hope for more of the same.

I will be there in Newark, DE for the game, from New Orleans, LA. I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO MIXING WITH THE SDSU and UD AGS members (as well as other SDSU fans).

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

The SDSU Alumni have the TGIFridays booked for the SDSU tailgating 2 blocks from the UD stadium.

Saturday, September 11, 2010
          10:45 am – 12:30 pm - Tailgate

TGI Fridays
          650 S. College Ave
          Newark, DE 19713
          (303) 737-3700
          Map

1:00 pm - Kickoff - SDSU at University of Delaware
          Delaware Stadium
          631 S. College Avenue
          Newark, DE 19716
          For game tickets and information contact the Delaware Athletics at 302-831-2257 or online at www.bluehens.com.
          Map

Registration cost: $20 per person

•Food and drink tickets will be provided to attendees

I've enjoyed some of the Alumni gathering in the DC area, and ended up seeing lots of SDSU alumni and sharing stories. Hope for more of the same.

I will be there in Newark, DE for the game, from New Orleans, LA. I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO MIXING WITH THE SDSU and UD AGS members (as well as other SDSU fans).

This sounds great... thanks...

Comment

I would love to be in a financial situation someday that would allow me to go to a distant road game like that.

Probably won't be anytime soon though.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I will be there. We have planned for upwards of 100 at the Alumni Association event (local alumni + the travel group form SD). It should be a good time.

Go State!

Comment

They allow tailgating:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7W8mVf-vxc

Grounds open 4 hours before kickoff for tailgating. Of course if you are tailgating at TGI Friday's you won't have a time limit. TGIF is directly across S. College Ave. from Delaware Stadium (a.k.a. "The Tub", for former coach Tubby Raymond).

I would encourage you to wander over and through the tailgates prior to the game. Tailgating is 360 degrees all around the stadium on game day. The stadium itself is older - from pictures I've seen, it might remind you a little of Coughlin - but it enjoys one of the largest attendance figures in FCS year after year. 23K and it is sold out almost every game, even in lean years.

Those of you who make the trek will enjoy the atmosphere.

Comment

Hello SDSU Fans,

Hope to see some of you at the game. There should be at least 20,000 attending the game, so you want to get there early for parking. Unless you probably are coming by bus? Walk around and enjoy the sites, and if I happen to see any of you, I welcome everyone, and will offer all with food and drinks. Should be a great game, and good luck. Go Blue....sorry

Comment

Originally posted by HensRock View Post
                    They allow tailgating:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7W8mVf-vxc

Grounds open 4 hours before kickoff for tailgating. Of course if you are tailgating at TGI Friday's you won't have a time limit. TGIF is directly across S. College Ave. from Delaware Stadium (a.k.a. "The Tub", for former coach Tubby Raymond).

I would encourage you to wander over and through the tailgates prior to the game. Tailgating is 360 degrees all around the stadium on game day. The stadium itself is older - from pictures I've seen, it might remind you a little of Coughlin - but it enjoys one of the largest attendance figures in FCS year after year. 23K and it is sold out almost every game, even in lean years.

Those of you who make the trek will enjoy the atmosphere.

Parking?

Comment

FYI the area code for Delaware is 302, not 303. Just to save someone in Colorado the hassle of a bunch of people looking for TGIFridays on a Saturday morning, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        Parking?

General Parking at the Stadium has been $10 per vehicle the past couple years. There is plenty. Newark is a suburban college town. There's plenty of grass around the stadium to park. If you are having an official SDSU tailgate at TGI Fridays, I guess you can park there.

Here's a link to the University's official tailgating guide.
                        http://www.bluehens.com/sportsinfo/f...FBFanGuide.pdf
                        Don't beleive all of it - (I was surprised to learn that football throwing is not allowed, been doing it for years!...) There is a wide variety of folks from younger crazy kids to old farts with wine and cheese. Some of the spreads are pretty elaborate.
                        Lots open 4 hours before game time and close 1 hour after game is over. Tailgating is not allowed during game time, and you can't go out at halftime and then get back in.

Here's some pix to get you excited for the trip!

Comment

Blue & yellow team colors and the press box is a trailer on stilts.

That's hilarious.

It's like Coughlin with a permanent eastern grandstand.

Comment

Working...
                          X