Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New things we'd like to see in a new stadium!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New things we'd like to see in a new stadium!

Well....after looking at EWU's ugly red carpet. I figured we should start our own little discussion in hopes the AD or somebody reads this and doesn't do anything stupid in the new stadium(like order yellow turf with a blue bunny on it). But I think we've all traveled to different venues. What were some things you liked and would like to see incorporated into a new facility.
    So...things we'd like to see in a new stadium:

Decent turf of course(I would not hate blue. The more I think about it the more traditional I am becoming and green is classic).

A big cowbell that is rang(or is it rung?) as the team enters the stadium

More bathrooms, more bathrooms, more bathrooms....

The band in it's own area.

Beer sales until the end of halftime(there has to be some way to get that done). Give wristbands for people to show vendors so you don't have to leave your seat.

The Bummobile retired to the top of the Dykhouse(how many years does that thing have left in it?)
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: New things we'd like to see in a new stadium!

More hand rails in the aisles for a starter.

Since I value my life, I oppose any beer sales. It takes more than one half of football to let a buzz wear off. I would like to ride home without the fear of being broadsided by some drunken fan. I realize that comsumption of alcholoh does go on, but it seems very wrong for the adminstration to sanction this action and make money off it.

I do agree about more restroom facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

The Bummobile retired to the top of the Dykhouse(how many years does that thing have left in it?)
      The Bummobile has a new place as part of the Student Union expansion. It is part of the Hobo Day gallery which should be done before Hobo Day this year. Stop and check it out!
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        The Bummobile has a new place as part of the Student Union expansion. It is part of the Hobo Day gallery which should be done before Hobo Day this year. Stop and check it out!
        Well...that's pretty cool! Is there a way they could make it part of the stadium during the season maybe? Then put it back in there? Or would it be driving thru the entire Union to get it in and out?

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          Well...that's pretty cool! Is there a way they could make it part of the stadium during the season maybe? Then put it back in there? Or would it be driving thru the entire Union to get it in and out?
          They could probably! There is going to be a door so that it can be taken out for the parade and other SDSU traditions. Should be pretty neat! Once again Jerry Lohr came through big time on this project!
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            More hand rails in the aisles for a starter.

Since I value my life, I oppose any beer sales. It takes more than one half of football to let a buzz wear off. I would like to ride home without the fear of being broadsided by some drunken fan. I realize that comsumption of alcholoh does go on, but it seems very wrong for the adminstration to sanction this action and make money off it.

I do agree about more restroom facilities.
            I understand the alcohol apprehension....but if you price it high most people will only have one or so...I know at Vikings games I'm a one or two beer guy tops, course usually I'm not driving. And most(I say MOST) people have a D.D.. But once again, the objection is a valid one.

Comment

HUGE instant replay screen, to settle all those "controversial" plays.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                HUGE instant replay screen, to settle all those "controversial" plays.
                Unfortunately, the Missouri Valley Conference doesn't allow league teams/stadiums to show controversial plays as an instant replay. Although our friends to the north do it all the time leading to the notion that rules don't apply to them.

Comment

A truly decked out media center, and VIP areas a. A 3-4 story parking garage at the back of the main stadium, and great indoor seating areas.

Strawberry Field at Southeastern LA is a GREAT set up, and a slightly larger edition at State would be good. It has the parking decks behind it.

Be aware that the water table by/under Coughlin prohibits going down, so can only go up.

Ga Southern's stadium would be another to emulate, but won't have the endzone (south for CAS) hill to sit at.

Need about 3 levels of nice overview enclosed space to do it up right for the sponsoring donors, media, and financially wealthy supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    A truly decked out media center, and VIP areas a. A 3-4 story parking garage at the back of the main stadium, and great indoor seating areas.

Strawberry Field at Southeastern LA is a GREAT set up, and a slightly larger edition at State would be good. It has the parking decks behind it.

Be aware that the water table by/under Coughlin prohibits going down, so can only go up.

Ga Southern's stadium would be another to emulate, but won't have the endzone (south for CAS) hill to sit at.

Need about 3 levels of nice overview enclosed space to do it up right for the sponsoring donors, media, and financially wealthy supporters.
                    Great Point with an additional 7000-10000 people leaving the stadium and area as it is now could become quite an adventure. Maybe two parking ramps on opposite sides somehow(bear in mind I'm not an architect and by no means do I know if that would fit anywhere) Maybe a two story by the main stadium and a two story by Frost. It's not like the campus doesn't need more parking I'm sure.

I think they also need to come up with some sort of Stadium specialty (besides SDSU ice cream). Moving Nick's in was a stroke of genius, but the wait...my god...the wait!

I like how when Augie's players enter the stadium there is a little bridge over the entrance that people can stand on.

Comment

We will never have a parking ramp at SDSU. Why? Cost. They have already done studies on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                        We will never have a parking ramp at SDSU. Why? Cost. They have already done studies on it.
                        Yes, and we've got more than ample space for parking lots!!!

Comment

Informal "party deck"/SRO berms or areas (I love watching games at Frost from the railing on the W. mezz)

Horseshoe seating

Ivy on the Dykhouse, or bushes in front of it, and along the field faces of the grand stands.

Grass that gets re-striped more often

Illuminated "SOUTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY" signage on the Dykhouse.

Comment

The thing that I would like to see most in a new SDSU football stadium: My butt on a seat between the 40's!
                            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Parking ramps cost 6-7 times more per stall than surface parking. While this is a "wish list", I don't see that one happening anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X