There's no crying in football!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no crying in football!

I know there is very little to discuss currently. But the continual whining about the toughness of schedule for the Jacks has got to go. It isn't all Jacks fans it's other fans talking about us too. It's like the media and some fans are making excuses for our team already. I get it the schedule is tough. Should we not even take the field this year? I remember so many thought Ga Southern was going to be a close game or a loss, and that was at home. My opinion is the other schools have a really tough home game, and I'm not sure how they are going to pull it out. The disappointment of fans as they get beat in their house is always tough to take for those teams. My opinion is the schedule favors the Jacks again. The talk about a woe is us, how did we get this schedule is dumb. We got this schedule because to be the best, you have to play the best!!!!
    This year we travel to all the "toughest opponents" with one of our best teams yet. A salty secondary, a great running back, a rising QB and WR corps. Again one of the best TE's in the MVC(nation? we'll see). And the play making Domino. A DL that is still intact even though Danny is gone!!
    This plays in to the next year when we get all the "toughest opponents" at home again, when maybe the team will need to find it's identity after losing Minett and Domino, and some of that secondary. The next few years are very bright and the schedule is right where we want it to continue to get the recruits we want.

IT'S TIME TO BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Big! Go BLUE!!! GO JACKS!!!!!!!!!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: There's no crying in football!

Uh, who's whining?

The only thing that makes me sad is the lack of good home games.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
      Uh, who's whining?

The only thing that makes me sad is the lack of good home games.
      There has been talk in these threads as well as other boards, etc...7-4 maybe if we're lucky because of schedule. Some think 5-6. AL today, not that I can stop them. A lot of people in the AL live chat also just want to write the season off because of the schedule.

Home schedule looks great! I expect CAS to be fully rocking for Ill. St.: MVC Conf and supposedly the #3 or #4 best team in the league.Ill State will be a great home game. Missouri State is going to be tough too. and UND will be a nice game as well. Year's past WIU, and YSU had been tough, eventually they will be again(YSU next year for sure).

Comment

The strength of the schedule is great. We want to be challenged, right? Maybe we don't have real marquee home games, but doesn't that mean the following year we will? (assuming we flip flop sites each year with conference teams). I think 7-4 is a for sure...maybe even better.

Comment

Umm...the schedule is hard.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Don't whine about it, I can tell you myself included many UD fans want a harder schedule. I've said for years, play an easier FCS team, a really good FCS team like yourselves, and a FBS team as our 3 NC games.

I still think we beat you guys handily though.

Comment

Originally posted by BangorHen View Post
              Don't whine about it, I can tell you myself included many UD fans want a harder schedule. I've said for years, play an easier FCS team, a really good FCS team like yourselves, and a FBS team as our 3 NC games.

Just bring the hens to SDSU, and see how they do. There is probably a reason they bought out the game. A loss at home will be bad enough, but to have to return to lose on the road would be really bad for your program. To each his own I guess. I have no doubt we will win this game.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Such is life with the schedule handed over by the MVFC the year the Jacks joined. NDSU, SIU and UNI either at home or on the road in the same year for the foreseeable future. Benefit one year, tough road the next.

The game I truly hate is the UND game. That game does nothing for SDSU, IMO. It's going to destroy the attendance average because no more than 7500 people are showing up to that game with average weather and it's on the week the Jacks could use as a bye if they are to make the playoffs. They should have scheduled Austin Peay or someone of that sort (FCS creampuff) as a home game opening week. It doesn't matter if it's Austin Peay, it's September 4th and a night game. 12,000+ are showing up. Plus it would have been a warm up for Delaware who's already going to have a game under their belt when the Jacks go there. Advantage Hens.

The Jacks make the playoffs from the schedule handed to them by: Winning all 5 home games. No question, this is a must. The Jacks should be 7 point plus favorites in every home game.
                AND
                Winning 3 road games. Winnable road games in order of difficulty, Indiana St., NDSU, UNI, Delaware, SIU, Cornyuckers. Though I think the Delaware the a very key road game to win due to the CAA's reputation for multiple playoff berths. With 20 playoff teams this year, the Jacks could lose to UNI and SIU and N on the road and be a guaranteed "in" with wins over the other three.

8-3 is realistic, but it starts with a tough road for several weeks right out of the gate. I know it's starting to sound cliche with Stig's teams, but 1-0 this year may be as important as any.

Comment

Handily? Good...I love the overconfidence. Get ready for your punch in the mouth. It will only hurt for a few hours.

Seriously though nice to have some Hen fans hanging out and snooping.
                  I do think it's a shame UD bought out the game at State. It's getting tougher to travel I know($$$$$).

I do agree with the fans who would like to separate NDSU or UNI into every other year. It would be more for fan interest and steady ticket sales than toughness of schedule. But that isn't happening...ever. So we deal with it.
                  P.S. according to the latest polls it appears Ind St is more of a threat than NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                    The game I truly hate is the UND game. That game does nothing for SDSU, IMO.
                    It gives us an 11th DI game and therefore another chance to get the minimum of 7 wins it takes for consideration of a spot in the playoffs. Scheduling during this transition has been extremely difficult and the guys in the front office deserve credit for what they have done. UD fans should show some shame for their programs cowardly behavior and admit that the buyout had a lot more to do with the strength of our program than the cost of one trip to the midwest.

Our schedule is right about where it should be minus the marquee FCS game being at home as opposed to away. Ideal world we have 6 home games, 4 in conference, 1 FCS regional team from OOC, and 1 well-established national FCS game (Cal-Poly or one of the SLC teams).
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You gotta be amazed at the chutzpah of fans who make predictions like this for a team that will only play tough teams on home turf... Based on what? Let's hope this is their whole attitude from now until Game Day. Meanwhile, Jacks take on all comers, anywhere.

Comment

Guys - The Del cancellation of the remaining two games was sought by BOTH DEL & SDSU!

The 2 at Del, and 1 at SDSU was booked when SDSU was in the GWFC. We were willing to do the 2 fer. That need changed when SDSU joined the MVFC. Now Jacks are a premier home (top 30 FCS average crowds), if there are 2 fer 1, Jacks will get the 2.

Del wants to upgrade, and not play their long-term D-II West Chester team. As a consistent top 5 FCS attendence team, that can afford to buy in FCS victims to get to 6 games. So they wanted to open up next season to getting two closer FCS OOC's to go with one FBS team. Mutually beneficial.

Jacks still need another FCS team for 2011. Love seeing the SOuthland, and GWFC always needs a game.

This season should allow the Jacks to demonstrate that even in tough road seasons, Jacks can still qualify for the play-offs. 1-0 each week will get'er done.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                          Guys - The Del cancellation of the remaining two games was sought by BOTH DEL & SDSU!

The 2 at Del, and 1 at SDSU was booked when SDSU was in the GWFC. We were willing to do the 2 fer. That need changed when SDSU joined the MVFC. Now Jacks are a premier home (top 30 FCS average crowds), if there are 2 fer 1, Jacks will get the 2.

Del wants to upgrade, and not play their long-term D-II West Chester team. As a consistent top 5 FCS attendence team, that can afford to buy in FCS victims to get to 6 games. So they wanted to open up next season to getting two closer FCS OOC's to go with one FBS team. Mutually beneficial.

Jacks still need another FCS team for 2011. Love seeing the SOuthland, and GWFC always needs a game.

This season should allow the Jacks to demonstrate that even in tough road seasons, Jacks can still qualify for the play-offs. 1-0 each week will get'er done.
                          Thanks for the clarification. I had read the other somewhere else. But that makes sense.

Comment

Jacks still need another FCS team for 2011* Love seeing the SOuthland, and GWFC always needs a game.

Hear Delaware is looking for a game

Comment

Shush, I'm trying to stir the pot a little and create more interest in the game. Facts like those you reminded us of don't help when trying to create a little controversy.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X