Childish Moment - But Needed to be Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childish Moment - But Needed to be Done

I was driving through Vermillion today and noticed the Yotes practicing. So I decided to roll down the window and yell "Go State" at the top of my lungs. I know it was childish but it sure was fun. "Let's Go Rabbits"

Re: Childish Moment - But Needed to be Done

Well I coach high school football with two former Bison players and I said to one of them today "rough season ahead for the Bison missing so many guys to jail time, huh"...he really didn't have anything to say in response. I love being able to take pot shots at those guys
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Admission time: Back in the day, when I worked at SDSU, I had a van-full of SDSU staffers in Vermillion for a meeting.

This was during the school year--in the spring, I think.

One of us needed to mail some letter (I don't know if it was a bill or a birthday card, or what) but we stopped right in front of one of the USD residence halls, and the mailing-person got out and put whatever in the mailbox in front of the residence hall.

I think I was driving the van.

My window was rolled down.

As soon as the person put the letter in the mailbox, I yelled at the top of my lungs "OK, let's get out of here!" out of the window, and the mailer, playing along, scurried as fast as he (or she--it was a long time ago and I don't remember that detail) could back into the van. We slid the back door shut and I think we actually burned a bit of rubber peeling away from the mailbox.

Many USD students stared at us with their mouths open as we sped away.

Ah, Vermillion.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Admission time: Back in the day, when I worked at SDSU, I had a van-full of SDSU staffers in Vermillion for a meeting.

One of us needed to mail some letter (I don't know if it was a bill or a birthday card, or what) but we stopped right in front of one of the USD residence halls, and the mailing-person got out and put whatever in the mailbox in front of the residence hall.

As soon as the person put the letter in the mailbox, I yelled at the top of my lungs "OK, let's get out of here!" out of the window, and the mailer, playing along, scurried as fast as he (or she--it was a long time ago and I don't remember that detail) could back into the van. We slid the back door shut and I think we actually burned a bit of rubber peeling away from the mailbox.

Ah, Vermillion.
        Those kinds of shenanigans might earn a trip to Guantanamo these days...
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Ah, Vermillion.
          And all Bunny fans wonder why they aren't trreated like royalty at ball games.

Regarding yelling "Go State" at USD players practice, why do that when you don't want to play us? Filbert, your prank was just plain naughty and uncalled for.

When I drive through Brookings, I ask any student I see what I can do to make life better for them, and most just say..."please offer me a job"

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

Regarding yelling "Go State" at USD players practice, why do that when you don't want to play us? Filbert, your prank was just plain naughty and uncalled for.

When I drive through Brookings, I ask any student I see what I can do to make life better for them, and most just say..."please offer me a job"
            We had our Yankton Jackrabbit Club picnic at one of the parks in Yankton a couple of weeks ago. A former USD football player pulled up in his van with his wife and 3 children and they all chanted "hate State". I wanted to whoop him but he is a lot bigger than me and also one of my teammates on our coed sand VB team. So, I gave him a pork sandwich and a beer and we talked about the "good old days."
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Oh, I agree it was naughty and uncalled-for. I was younger and stupider then.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

And, the thread is "Childish Moments . . ." which if you think about it sort of contradicts the second part of the thread's title.

Seems like a good place for self-smack and admissions/confessions of prior naughtyness. And that was about as naughty as I personally ever got.

Although i did always want to throw a dead Viking on the court at some Augie game, after the dead rabbits came out . . . couldn't figure out how to smuggle one into the game, though.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  We had our Yankton Jackrabbit Club picnic at one of the parks in Yankton a couple of weeks ago. A former USD football player pulled up in his van with his wife and 3 children and they all chanted "hate State". I wanted to whoop him but he is a lot bigger than me and also one of my teammates on our coed sand VB team. So, I gave him a pork sandwich and a beer and we talked about the "good old days."
                  That's awesome. We are making progress at building bridges. Funny stuff Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    I, too, ran into a USD graduate at the park. I put a dollar in his guitar case.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      I, too, ran into a USD graduate at the park. I put a dollar in his guitar case.
                      I guess a degree from the USD College of Fine Arts is worth more than I thought!
                      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                        I guess a degree from the USD College of Fine Arts is worth more than I thought!
                        I was surprised the guy wasn't holding out a tin cup or a worn out USD Baseball cap.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          I was surprised the guy wasn't holding out a tin cup or a worn out USD Baseball cap.
                          USD + baseball = non sequitur
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

A USD baseball cap might be worth $1.25 since the sport no longer exists.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Why is that when a negative comment about the Dot is made on this board 1/3 of the posters on Coyote Fan Board come over to protest? What if the SDSUFans posters did the same?
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X