Why August is Silly Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why August is Silly Season

1. It is hotter than H-E Double Toothpicks (108-degree heat-humidity index at the baseball game I went to the other night). Brains fry in this weather.
    2. We are between seasons. Pro basketball is in its two-week hiatus; the ice is just starting to freeze in the hockey arenas; college football camps are just assembling; Major League baseball is in the dead-arm month for pitchers and heat-slump month for hitters; and pro football is playing a bunch of exhibition "games" in which the sole purpose is to avoid injury and hide your stars and best plays while maximizing ticket prices.
    3. BF (Bison Faithful) have not yet reached mid-season form in excuse-making.

Re: Why August is Silly Season

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    1. It is hotter than H-E Double Toothpicks (108-degree heat-humidity index at the baseball game I went to the other night). Brains fry in this weather.
    2. We are between seasons. Pro basketball is in its two-week hiatus; the ice is just starting to freeze in the hockey arenas; college football camps are just assembling; Major League baseball is in the dead-arm month for pitchers and heat-slump month for hitters; and pro football is playing a bunch of exhibition "games" in which the sole purpose is to avoid injury and hide your stars and best plays while maximizing ticket prices.
    3. BF (Bison Faithful) have not yet reached mid-season form in excuse-making.

Agreed. But I'm really enjoying the Twins right now as they're fighting the Sox for 1st place in the AL Central.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      Agreed. But I'm really enjoying the Twins right now as they're fighting the Sox for 1st place in the AL Central.
      That's an apt characterization, "fight." The real pennant race doesn't start until Labor Day...

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Twins are in 1st place now...so lets keep it that way

Comment

Originally posted by BudLight Jackrabbit View Post
          Twins are in 1st place now...so lets keep it that way
          Go Twinkees!

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            Go Twinkees!
            And... Go Ho-Hos and Snowballs!

BTW, I love the Williams and Ree Song, "He died with his Ding-Dong in his hand."
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
              And... Go Ho-Hos and Snowballs!

BTW, I love the Williams and Ree Song, "He died with his Ding-Dong in his hand."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSbccKL1de4

Comment

Silly Season for sure.

Start with smack against the Bison. It takes one post to switch to Twins, 3 more posts to get artificial cakes, and then just one more post to get to an old (but good) comedy routine.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                  Silly Season for sure.

Start with smack against the Bison. It takes one post to switch to Twins, 3 more posts to get artificial cakes, and then just one more post to get to an old (but good) comedy routine.
                  And now we switch that to: did that Univ to the north of the Bison, the one with the "the green in our uni's is uglier than that green in the other uni uni's" change their name yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    And now we switch that to: did that Univ to the north of the Bison, the one with the "the green in our uni's is uglier than that green in the other uni uni's" change their name yet?

Only thing for sure is it's not DingDongs. Copyright, you know.

Comment

Working...
                    X