Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoJacks.com

What's everyone think of the redesign?

I think it turned out really well. I was worried that it would lose some of it's functionality and that ads would be thrown all over it like some college sports sites. But I'm happy to report that it looks sharp and easy to navigate.
    http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Re: GoJacks.com

Two thumbs up!
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Only complaint I have is when the drop downs go across instead of dropping straight down it make them more difficult to navigate. Otherwise, it looks great!!

Comment

Anyone else having issues with the whole page not fitting on their computer screen left to right? I hate not being able to see the whole page without having to scroll(that was the word I was missing!) one way or the other.

Not sure if I explained the problem very well in that paragraph.

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          Anyone else having issues with the whole page not fitting on their computer screen left to right? I hate not being able to see the whole page without having to click one way or the other.

Not sure if I explained the problem very well in that paragraph.

Go Jacks!!
          The content will fit on a 1024x768 screen, which has become the de facto resolution for website design.

However, for reasons that baffle me, the content is surrounded by two buffers that require me to scroll right to view the content (I run my display @ 1260x1024 portrait style for ease in writing code).

I'm thinking about using one of the contact options to ask them to take a look at this.

Comment

It is really blue. Maybe a little more yellow or ways to break it up. I felt like there was a lot to look at on the screen. I did like how it was before. But i think i will get use to this real quick.....is it football season yet?
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
              The content will fit on a 1024x768 screen, which has become the de facto resolution for website design.

However, for reasons that baffle me, the content is surrounded by two buffers that require me to scroll right to view the content (I run my display @ 1260x1024 portrait style for ease in writing code).

I'm thinking about using one of the contact options to ask them to take a look at this.
              I just checked my screen resolution and I am set for 1024 x 768, but I still have to scroll right to get everything on my screen. The wide blue border on both sides prevents me from getting everything on. If the web page was centered, I would not have to scroll right and the page looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                I just checked my screen resolution and I am set for 1024 x 768, but I still have to scroll right to get everything on my screen. The wide blue border on both sides prevents me from getting everything on. If the web page was centered, I would not have to scroll right and the page looks great.
                Yeah. That's what I'm saying.

The page width is 1260px (I think), but the content is probably only 960px wide.

Comment

My bad zoopora, you are right on with your assessment and I just didn't follow your post as I should have. I tried to give you rep points for it, but I need to spread it around before I give it to you again - so this will have to do.

Comment

I sent them a feedback with a specific explanation of where the hitch is in their site code (should be "position: relative; left: 50%; margin-left: -599px;" not "margin: 0 auto;" for a div called 'siteShadow'). The 'siteShadow' div is 1198 pixels wide, and the content is only 980 pixels wide.

I am not optimistic that they'll implement the fix. Most coders are not fond of having their errors pointed out by the 'general public', and quite a few dismiss 'hacky' fixes like mine in the belief that there is such a thing as 'perfect code'.

Comment

Just signed on to GoJacks.com and it seemed to function well. Did the coders accept your suggestion, zooropa?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Just signed on to GoJacks.com and it seemed to function well. Did the coders accept your suggestion, zooropa?
                        Nope. You wouldn't notice this issue unless you're running your browser at 1) less than full screen, or 2) 1024x768 or less overall screen resolution.

I expect that you're running a 17" flatscreen, which is the 'default' monitor these days. That monitor runs at 1260x1024 'native', which means the gojacks.com website looks perfect.

Comment

You must have made some headway as I'm finding that things have centered and I no longer have a web page wider than my screen.

However, the web site seems extremely slow today. I've always been frustrated with how slow the Minneapolis StarTribune site opens, but they even seem faster. While this site lacks the graphics, I never have to wait. Kudos to the mods and whomever maintains this site!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            Nope. You wouldn't notice this issue unless you're running your browser at 1) less than full screen, or 2) 1024x768 or less overall screen resolution.

I expect that you're running a 17" flatscreen, which is the 'default' monitor these days. That monitor runs at 1260x1024 'native', which means the gojacks.com website looks perfect.
                            I'm using a Lenova ThinkPad with a 1280 x 800 resolution. I join with GopherHole: your comments may have made a difference or at least prompted to those working on the site to tune it up. Unless they get input, they won't know there are problems.

Comment

I love the fact that they have a mobile site now (m.gojacks.com), although I hope they continue to extend the pages available on that site. In my case, I was hoping to be able to pull up the roster for the football team to refresh my memory on certain players as the season approaches.
                              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
                              X